Greddy Profec A options

SKINY

Lifer
On the back of my profec a there are 3 ports, does anyone know what these are used for ? Or have any info on what is plugged into them ?
WP_20170806_21_12_19_Pro.jpg

I know about the sliders and what they do
Great controller :)

dac69er

Super Moderator
looking at the manual, it says nothing about them. the manual for the profec b just mentions the option port is for future products!?!?

the option on the profec b spec 2 is used for remoter switching of the hi and low boost settings, so perhaps something along the lines of that?

not really sure about the others. obviously for some sort of communication i guess. perhaps you can link up a boost gauge to the data out or something? worth a thorough google search if your interested, but unlikely you will find the items that would plug into those ports anymore!

Last edited:

SKINY

Lifer
My fingers are sore googling it lol, Hi/Lo on the Profec A is operated via the Over Take Boost button.
The online manual from Greddy for it has some controls mixed up and the diagram says the small port on the solenoid that measures Manifold/Boost pressure isint used:rolleyes:
I've it sussed apart from the 3 ports :)

Jay

Admin
The Greddy controller in my 5e GT has a remote hi/low button on the steering wheel. Pretty sure it uses that option port on the back of the controller unit.

From (faded) memory something tells me that the controllers could be hooked up to the management units (emanage) to feed boost info to the mix.

Jay

Admin
Also worth noting that 'over take boost' isn't a high/lo setting as such. It's an additional function that overboosts the setup for set amount over a set period. Potential to damage something if it isn't set up safely. Think of it as a fake nitrous button :haha:

SKINY

Lifer
Lmao fake nitrous :) the manual says hold it down for over 5 seconds to enable Hi boost mode, then touch it once to go back to low Jay
Have to show me this button, makes sense having it as an extra OTB switch :)