GT Dash Bulbs

Djaniero

Member +
Hi guys,

I'm in the process of replacing the dash bulbs on my GT. I did initially buy some cheap led replacements, but I wasn't impressed tbh.
Also after reading some horror stories about leds melting the circuit boards on the dash, I'm more inclined to get some bright oem bulbs instead.

I know there are 3 x 501 / T10 bulbs in the cluster, but can someone confirm what the other smaller bulbs are?
Also can anyone confirm what the small bulb behind the heater cluster is? Mine is the small type that slots into a plastic Philips screw type holder.

Cheers for any info

SKINY

Lifer
The heater panel bulb is the same as the wee dash bulbs but with a diffrent flat holder, have a look at my thread, i changed mine out should be pics on it
Edit, just checked the thread pics arnt on it, will look through my old phone today but its handy to open the unit

Last edited:

Djaniero

Member +
Hi guys,

I'm in the process of replacing the dash bulbs on my GT. I did initially buy some cheap led replacements, but I wasn't impressed tbh.
Also after reading some horror stories about leds melting the circuit boards on the dash, I'm more inclined to get some bright oem bulbs instead.

I know there are 3 x 501 / T10 bulbs in the cluster, but can someone confirm what the other smaller bulbs are?
Also can anyone confirm what the small bulb behind the heater cluster is? Mine is the small type that slots into a plastic Philips screw type holder.

Cheers for any info

Thanks man.

Great help as always. I scrapped the led idea and just bought some new xeon bulbs instead...fingers crossed they're a safer bet.

The heater panel bulb is the same as the wee dash bulbs but with a diffrent flat holder, have a look at my thread, i changed mine out should be pics on it
Edit, just checked the thread pics arnt on it, will look through my old phone today but its handy to open the unit

Thanks SKINY.

Do you know if the heater panel will work if I swop out the flat holder, for a dash holder instead?

SKINY

Lifer
From memory it was too tight but the wee bulbs just pull out off the holders, 25P from any decent motor factors or just fire a spare dash one in :)

Djaniero

Member +
Mines tight but still fits.... Just wondered if it would work or not. The bulb I pulled out of the heater cluster was mega tiny-with 2 thin wires that connected to the screw holder - So made sense why it was sooooo dim.