had my 5e ep85 mapped at last now!

pc18

North West England Area Rep.
heres a few pics, no fancy photoshop or slr pics here im afraid lol.

the distributor has completely gone now
IMAG0152.jpg

HKS fuel rail finally fitted ive had this for years now lol
IMAG0140.jpg

new injectors and the plugs have been changed on the loom for them.
IMAG0144.jpg

crank sensor and you can just see the trigger wheel.
IMAG0146.jpg

the mapping isnt finished yet, the acis intake hasnt been setup yet, and a new inlet pipe from the air filter to the turbo will be fabricated, and the downpipe narrows down from 2.5inch to 2.25 so that will be opened up then everything will be 2.5 inch. He was saying the car has made the power very easily and he didnt realise it would make as much as it has and he said its got very little ignition in the map so far. Maybe theres a little more to come out of it yet?

Anyway heres the graph, where it dips and screw up a bit is where it span up on the dyno, so where it says 309.6ft lbs thats not quite right. peak torque is 300 just after 5.5k rpm.

IMAG0156.jpg

Looks really good is this with a VF34? if i remember rightly. Are you running the acis with just the smaller or larger runners open or closed then? sure there will be a lot more potential to improve the responce and peak power when you fine tuned further. well done

pc18

its the vf35 which is slightly smaller than the 34 if i remember right. i cant remember which runners it runs on as it is im afraid. all the bits are there it just needs a little more tuning playing about with the inlet. im hoping to get a graph on the long runners and the short ones to compare them.

pc18

What's ur engine spec bud ?
It's just a basic forged 5e build wossners, pec rods Athena 1.2 gasket, stock rebuilt head, balanced bottom end, helix paddle clutch, acis inlet with ep3 type r throttle body on custom adapter plate, fic 525cc injectors, dizzy binned running coilpack, aluminum crank pulley with trigger wheel fitted. Wept mani ect with rebuilt vf35 from turbo dynamics

very very nice,is the turbo maxed out ?

It must be about there yet, the tuner thinks he might get a little more, he's not setup the acis runners yet. See how it goes.

Looking well :) Good results.

Cheers John!

richglanzav

Member +
i know i said it on uksc lol, but this is a sweet project if ever there were one mate...u gotta get it out there on the streets and let us know what a starlet is like with 300bhp+ and 4wd lol. epic result.

wickedep

Trader
nice result bro! i really like what you've done with the coil packs in place of the dizzy! would love to ride in a 4-paw..but unfortunately we dont have a single one in our country :(

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Wanted to see the engine spec before commenting but damn its making almost the same torque as the power, great build buddy!

It's just a basic forged 5e build wossners, pec rods Athena 1.2 gasket, stock rebuilt head, balanced bottom end, helix paddle clutch, acis inlet with ep3 type r throttle body on custom adapter plate, fic 525cc injectors, dizzy binned running coilpack, aluminum crank pulley with trigger wheel fitted. Wept mani ect with rebuilt vf35 from turbo dynamics

It must be about there yet, the tuner thinks he might get a little more, he's not setup the acis runners yet. See how it goes.

Cheers John!

very nice results...yeah, i suspect there is a little bit more you can achieve when fully tuned with respect to overall drivability
see PM