heater controls?

Craigy

Member +
hi guys, on the ep82's are the heater controls ment to illuminate when you have your lights turned on. i was just thinking the other night when i looked down at the heater controls and just noticed they dont illuminate to let you see the settings. only the green squares light up when you choose which setting to put them on.. just every other car ive owned have the different setting illuminated when you have your lights on. thats all i want to know

danb87

South East England Area Rep
im sure there meant too, mine are the same. i saw some one post ages ago about this an that there was a littl bulb in there. but i never got round too lookin myself.

can anyone confirm this?

Paul_JJ

Member +
I have an Ep91 and it does illuminate, but how about to open the panel and have a look behind if there is any power cables??? that would give you an idea!

Craigy

Member +
yes there is a small buld in the back of the heater control just under the wiring connector, i could get a new bulb from anywhere so had to modify a different dash bulb to fit but all works fine now thanks guys.

starbuck

Member +
You can get the bulbs from Maplins... However the bulb in the controls has a twist lock plastic base. You need to remove the old bulb from that and twist the new bulb and wire the same way. Thats what i did in mine and it cost about £1.00

Jay

Admin
Okay, bit late on this one but I explored it today..

Remove heater control panel and take the two screws off the back of it. There should be a bulbholder in place which illuminates the panel when the dash lamp soare on. Mine didn't have a bulb in it for whatever reason so I stole one out of a spare set of dash clocks. Seemed to be the same bulbholder type. Pics should give you an idea:

20160620_153245.jpg

20160620_153354.jpg 20160620_153412.jpg 20160620_153314.jpg 20160620_153302.jpg

Jay

Last edited:

SKINY

Lifer
I've just done mine today :cool: decided to strip the whole unit down while I was at it, just to see how it worked.......
Located and removed the bulb and swapped it for one from a set of GT4 clocks I've lying here, put back together, fitted unit now it works :)