How do i find out my IP address?

Blak_Mamber

Member +
As above, for some reason my PS3 isnt logging onto the internet as it cant find my IP address?? Well random....

Cheers,

Lewis :)

Blak_Mamber

Member +
lol thanks guys..

For some reason my PS3 cant find my IP address?? I use netgear wireless internet and its always been ok realy. Now i cant sign in or use the internet on the PS3... it still finds a connection when i look at the connection status... but when i try & do a connection test, it fails when trying to find the IP address? & it wont even let me enter it manually?? FUck knows whats going on :(

Arnold

Lifer
As above, for some reason my PS3 isnt logging onto the internet as it cant find my IP address?? Well random....

Cheers,

Lewis :)

Sounds like it can't connect to your router successfully and might be connecting to someone elses, that's why the manual IP address isn't working. Restart your router and check it's configuration to see Wireless is still on and not blocking connections from your PS3

Blak_Mamber

Member +
Thanks dude.

It still is picking up my wireless connection on the PS3 & says the connection % when i look at connection status.

Would i have to restart it from my PC?

Zen

Member +
Thanks dude.

It still is picking up my wireless connection on the PS3 & says the connection % when i look at connection status.

Would i have to restart it from my PC?

best thing to do is unplug the mains off your router then connect it back up after a few mins

just unplug the power lead on the back of the routed mine plays up sometimes and that more or less cures it as it resets it... obv the long way is to go into router diag on the pc usually on netgear 192.168.0.1 is the address you'll need n then click reboot router but lot of faffing when u cn just unplug =P then see if it starts playing ball if not check under either lan/wlan or one of the options on the router setup website page see what devices it is showing as connected.. usually shows this in the form of the gadget/pc's mac address & the ip it has currently been assigned by the router

Blak_Mamber

Member +
I tried that :(

Ill give it another go tonight and leave it unplugged for a bit longer i think.

It just seems to be having problems finding the IP address...

cant understand why it would be casuing problems now. Never had issues with it & suddenly when i turned it on the other day....nothing :(

JAY_D

Member +
Is your network cable damaged?Make sure your network lead hasnt come loose at either end ( back of ps3 & router & check cable going from your modem into your router ) port could also be dead so try a different port.

hmm nahh u shud only have to unplug n replug just so it turns off... rite then obv ur pc has internet access through it so its not your isp thats causing it....

is there anyway that u can connect ur ps3 via ethernet cable?

Blak_Mamber

Member +
Is your network cable damaged?Make sure your network lead hasnt come loose at either end ( back of ps3 & router & check cable going from your modem into your router ) port could also be dead so try a different port.

Will have a check mate :)

hmm nahh u shud only have to unplug n replug just so it turns off... rite then obv ur pc has internet access through it so its not your isp thats causing it....

is there anyway that u can connect ur ps3 via ethernet cable?

Yeah my internet on my PC is fine. I dont have an ethernet cable as it is hassle to run one to my PS3... (PC is on one floor, PS3 is on another floor in the house)

hmmmmm... maybe i should check all the wires & unplug the router tonight for 5 minutes. Then plug it in, wait for ten minutes and turn the PS3 on & try & sign in... & report back if the problem persists...

Good idea?

Rep'd all btw :kiss:

rite-o, when u unplug the power n back in wait for all of the ones that usually light up to go green on my netgear one its one at the far left then (usually power, symbol like an on/off switch) a gap then another 3 (2 chain links joined, an "i" with a circle at the bottom of it & a wireless symbol pole with waves coming from it) these ones all need to be green on mine before it works properly now yours is probs guna be different as is always the way haha but just to give you an idea, then i have numbers 1-4 after them for the ports on the back(you dont have to wait for these since your connecting wirelessly), but however many you have wait for them to go green that are usually green on yours anyways then retry ur ps3,

reset up your wireless connection on your ps3 delete all the current settings it has for the wireless first...

and if not then has anyone recently altered anything with the router security,
the last thing if nothing has been changed is to go onto the router settings and assign each device that is connecting wirelessly its own IP that it will always use so you dont get any conflicts in IP's say set ur pc to always use 192.168.0.16, you ps3 to always get 192.168.0.24 and any other devices that are going to connect have their own or just do it for the ps3 as the router will never assign its designated IP to any other device anyways.

Blak_Mamber

Member +
Sorted it.

Just unplugged the router for 5 mins & all the other wires & also put the modem wire (think it was the modem wire) into another unused socket on the router...

Then re-setup my internet connection on my PS3 and all worked fine.

Happy days. Rep'd all that helped. Many thanks.

:beer: