** How To Make Your Exhaust Pop **

Starlet_EP82

Member +
Hey guys i have a full exhaust system straight through with an uprated fuel pump what else would you need to make it back fire and pop cheers guys :drive::drive::drive:

Dane_Bristol

Member +
To be honest matey its not something should promote or want on your car.

Generally its caused by over fueling and the excess fuel burns off in the exhaust which can cause the pops that you are talking about.

Some pople have installed the Bee-R rev limiter which can give the desired effect of what you are after but using these systems in conjunction with other aftermarket ECU can sometimes retard ignition etc.

Last edited:

ChrisGT

Member +
De-cat, straight through exhaust, remove the rear silencer baffles or side exit exhaust. That made mine pop.

Starlet_EP82

Member +
To be honest matey its not something should promote or want on your car.

Generally its caused by over fueling and the excess fuel burns off in the exhaust which can cause the pops that you are talking about.

Some pople have installed the Bee-R rev limiter which can give the desired effect of what you are after but using these systems in conjunction with other aftermarket ECU can sometimes retard ignition etc.

i heard alot of bad stuff about the bee-r wouldnt put that in

jabran200

Member +
The "proper" way really is to do it in the map. You have to tine the cells that are used directly after you come off the gas (far right area of the map) to a richish condition I find 12.5:1 in those particualr cells is good for some fire action lol.

Some people like it others just want a pop, I haven't met anyone that doesn't either lol. I am more of a flame guy but I don't believe in spark plugs in the exhaust lol as the porsche behind my brothers GTR on EID found out hahaha.

bullet

Member +
lmao this is a funny thread.
dont see the problem with a difference in opions, personally i like to a see a tuned car flying down the road spitting a little flame as it changes gear

Texx

Super Moderator
Stay on topic please!

Heat wrapping the entire exhaust system to try and keep the tail pipe as hot as possible will probably induce some popping and maybe the odd flame.

GT_Irl

Member +
if you want to make ur car pop, just blast it everywere and eventually it will pop the engine.

theres your pop

:haha: i'd go with what Texx says above (sigh...not at you Texx), I have mine heatwrapped the whole way too mid section and I get a few pops/spits every now and again. Just remember its not a 2.5 twin turbo skyline your driving, tiz only a 1.3 so the pops really are not all that impressive too say the least!

aaronw

Member +
i get pops alot,tho im unmapped at 0.8bar on td04,backbox has been debaffled but still has a rear silencer. does run slightly rich,flames and pops. i dont drive like a tit either,tho i like the idea of heat wrapping the whole exhaust.

dac69er

Super Moderator
rev it turn flick the key on and off foot down bang! haha ijoke

thats the evenings entertainment for the chavs at ultimate streetcar at santapod :p

since changing to my power fc i dont get many pops compared to the jam and stock ecu ive had on the car.

like others have said, it can be 'tuned' into the car so it pops more. you can do it with fuel as well as the timing to bet more burbling and popping!

ibz

Member +
had a straight through hks silent hi power, decat and race coated mani. when i was running a blitz access ecu it used to pop and flame alot but now im on fcd and rrfpr it doesnt do it as much

el_man

Fresh Recruit
thats the evenings entertainment for the chavs at ultimate streetcar at santapod :p

since changing to my power fc i dont get many pops compared to the jam and stock ecu ive had on the car.

like others have said, it can be 'tuned' into the car so it pops more. you can do it with fuel as well as the timing to bet more burbling and popping!

lol yup it is indeed :)

Spark plug in the exhaust overrated.

I have a racecoated mani and decat with Fujitsubo exhaust and Jam ecu and there are flames comin out of it and it is loud! :shoot:

tobiah

Member +
Hey guys i have a full exhaust system straight through with an uprated fuel pump what else would you need to make it back fire and pop cheers guys :drive::drive::drive:

Mate your a Joke I asked for my refund so many times and u never reply to pms I know this the wrong place for this but this idiot sold me a fake his ssqv and I want my mney back- it's been nearly a yr now.

Original thread -http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37919*