How To Upload An Image Using Photobucket For New Members

danb87

South East England Area Rep
Right ive seen a few posts lately on how too get an image onto a post/thread, so thought id do a tutorial while i have some free time.

This can be used by new members as a guide. Or current memvbers who are still unsure on how too do it.

Right, you need too start off by going too this link -

www.photobucket.com

An this should bring you too this website.

signup.png

Once on the site, you need to sign up. click the sign up button as arrow shows.

UPLOADING YOUR PICTURES FROM COMPUTER TOO PHOTOBUCKET

Once signed up you need too upload you pictures from you computer, too you photobucket account as follows -

You can use either buttons too upload pics, i use the bulk uploader as is does them alot quicker. as below

Untitled.png

Right now too select the photos too upload -

cdddd.png

1st you want too select the folder where you picture you want too upload are saved. (left hand arrow).

once you have selected the folder then you will have all pictures appear as above the middle arrow. click on each picture you want too upload.

An when you have selected all the pictures you require too up load click the upload button (right hand arrow).

After all pics have uploaded, it will go too a screen where you can edit all details of the pictures once done click the SAVE button at the bootom as shown below -

hahahaha.png

After you have clicked save, it will take you too your photo folder which looks like this -

1.png

Above the pics there are 4 icons, EDIT,MOVE,SHARE,DELETE.

in EDIT, this allows you too change the picture. you can edit the size, rotate, blur parts out for example your number plater or your face. along with cropping the picture, fixing red eye. an alot more options.

MOVE, alows you too change the folder this photo is in. bare in mind that if you upload the picture too the forum then move folder it changes the img link so the pic will no longer be visible on this site. so its better too move the picture too the required folder then add it too the forum as ill show you how too do soon.

SHARE, gives you some options on where the pic is visible for example, facebook, twitter etc.

DELETE, well this is an obvious one lol

Now heres how too get your pictures from photobucket, over too the forum.

INSERTING IMAGES
Firstly you need too hover your mouse over the picture you want too insert on forum this will bring a little sub menu up like this -

2.png

next step is too click the img code box, which will highlight the text for the img link. as shown here -

3.png

Once you have it highlighted, right click then click copy.

Now you have the image link copied, you can now go too the text box on the forum, an paste it into there. this will then insert the image onto your post/thread.

Right you should now have some text in your post/thread which looks something like this -

8.png

An then when you have completed all of your post, you can click preview post too see how it has turned out. an then click post reply for it too then be visible for the rest of us too see.

Well thats it for inserting images too this forum. you repeat the inserting image steps too add more an more photos too your post/thread.

There are many other ways ways too upload picture too the site. This is only the way i use, everyones entitled too use which ever they prefer.

if anyone wants too add too this with tips,other ways etc etc please do.

i hope this helps all the new members/current members that are not sure on the process.

Let me know if this is helpful or if i can improve it in anyway.

Thanks very much

dan :beer:

Last edited:

sanchez

Member +
Nice one mate, good write up, but you dont need to click the icon to paste an image in dude, just paste the code from photobucket straight into the reply box :D

danb87

Nice one mate, good write up, but you dont need to click the icon to paste an image in dude, just paste the code from photobucket straight into the reply box :D

o really, my bad. i will update that shortly. i just did it how i do it.

so instead of clicking the insert image icon you just paste it directly into the new pst/thread box where you want it too go?

cheers matey

danb87

yeah thats right mate, if you look at your images posted above, its comes up beside the pics, if you just paste it straight in then you dont get that :D[/QUOTE]

cheers for that mate, ive been doing a longer way myself lol. i have now update this for people too see. ill clear the img bits ina min aswell

danb87

cheers matey.

could a member of admin, please change the title, too "Guide on how too upload pics too forum via photobucket"

thanks very much