Bee*R Backbox
Induction Kit
Boost,Oil,Pressure Smoked Gauges
D Shape steering wheel
Luke Harness
FEt Turbo Timer

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
nice figure, you should see a little more with slightly more boost too. :)

you can see how the stock turbo tails further up the revs but makes up for it in response low down.

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
My old hybrid wasn't mega power but it's delivery was super awesome.

sx_turbo

Lifer
td04 laggy!?!?

15bhp should be noticable !:)

well when u dont get full boost till 4k, and your mate has a mini that hits full boost by 2.5k and your going round country lanes (in the uk) it is to laggy, by the time i come on boost i need to start braking for the next corner lol

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
well when u dont get full boost till 4k, and your mate has a mini that hits full boost by 2.5k and your going round country lanes (in the uk) it is to laggy, by the time i come on boost i need to start braking for the next corner lol

aaa hahhaha ok..

LukeEP82

Member +
@3500RPM your 40 BHP down and 60 torque down. You must have lost that punch of the standard CT9. Laggy?

sx_turbo

Lifer
his is a ct9, sorry went off on a tangent there.

hmm does seem like the hybrid is a bit more laggy, but it's how it drives on the road

LukeEP82

Member +
Can’t believe it’s lost so much midrange power its put me right of getting one just as well get a TD04.

ktl

Member +
I dont get to 1 Bar till 4k which is quite laggy but the power after 4k is immense.

the standard ct9 reached 1 bar by 2800-3000k but then it falls down at higher revs..

I got a HKS evc that needs to be plumbed in.. hopefully that will make it spool up quicker.

Im very pleased though, and i would recommend it if you havent got the money for td04 kit

kieran.s gt

Member +
I dont get to 1 Bar till 4k which is quite laggy but the power after 4k is immense.

the standard ct9 reached 1 bar by 2800-3000k but then it falls down at higher revs..

I got a HKS evc that needs to be plumbed in.. hopefully that will make it spool up quicker.

Im very pleased though, and i would recommend it if you havent got the money for td04 kit

nice result but 4000 rpm is not right you should be seeing fill boost it at around 3300

dac69er

Super Moderator
i find the tong turbo ct9 is less punchy than the ct9.

ct9 spools up gives a good punch then tails off, the hybrid spools up a little slower (not alot) and the power is a tad more gradual, i actually find it better for backroad blasts than the stock ct9 in some respects.

at the end of the day, to gain more power you need to loose something. how much you want to loose is up to preferance.

by the look of that graph something isnt quite right. a good boost controller should improve that. doesnt look as though it will perform as well as the stock ct9 on the road anless you drive it like a honda :)

Last edited:

ktl

Member +
So if its not performing how it should be what could be the problem ??

i thought 4k is quite late to hit 1 Bar of boost.

How could you make it spool up quicker ?

dac69er

Super Moderator
boost controller not working very well.

exhaust not very good. would spool up better with a better tune maybe. if fuelling was controlled better and you could alter the ignition timing you should see improved response.

what intake setup do you have? front mounted filter?

ktl

Member +
Yeah front air filter mate. I havent checked ignition timing since i got it standard. Something that i should do ?

dac69er

Super Moderator
i would check it. if your base timing is out that wouldnt help, but the stock ct9 performance would be down too.

give it a check and see what you get mate. without proper management changing the turbo will increase top end performance, but the midrange wont be as good as it can get as the fuelling and timing wont be at its optimum for the turbo and the boost pressure

Beaker

Member +
If you still have the standard exhaust bar a backbox then the exhaust will be quite restrictive and may well hamper the performance. Changing to a full system will make quite a difference with the mods you have on you car.