IHI VF40 vs TD05H subaru

jam

Member +
Hi, Does anyone knows the specs of the IHI VF40.Around how much rpm it will start boosting on a 4e engine.Can it withstand 1.6bar safely and how much BHP max output.Is it bigger than the TD04L?Thanks

vf40 mate aint bigger then the td05, and vf40 will get fullboost about 5500k on a 4e mate, i run a vf35 and thats a simlar size to the td05 just quicker spooling due to it being bearing cartridge, max output for the vf40 mate is around 320 mate, be worth getting td05 mate over a vf40

scot-ish

Member +
good reply

mate lol

ive not seen a vf40 used on a 4e? and youve said full boost by 5500rpm? but what is full boost, do you mean 1.6bar? or more or less?
im thinking of changing my td05, but aint sure what to go after, as i want bearing turbo, so ihi's are ideal for what i might be after.

jam

Member +
vf40 mate aint bigger then the td05, and vf40 will get fullboost about 5500k on a 4e mate, i run a vf35 and thats a simlar size to the td05 just quicker spooling due to it being bearing cartridge, max output for the vf40 mate is around 320 mate, be worth getting td05 mate over a vf40

Hi,Thanks for your reply mate.So TD05 will be better option.what about the twin scroll IHI F55 latest scooby Turbo charger any info about this one? Thanks

scot-ish

Member +
it would mean you would need to have a twin scroll manifold made up, and im not quite sure if there would be that many benefits from all the work being put into it. would be different tho, as i dont think its been done yet, just a few people talking off it.

Ted

Member +
not sure where the above info came from, it about the same size as a td04, might flow slightly more but you'll need a custom manifold/downpipe. probably not worth doing. its a legacy turbo so was designed for quick spool, not taking 1.6 bar