Info needed lancer 1800 gsr

lennyEP82

Member +
Hi all ive been looking into buying a evo but the insurance is a no go until i came across the 1.8 gsr lancer. got a very good quote for 1 but they seem to be very scarse. Im assuming they are a v.rare. I cant seem to find much info on them on the net i did find a some pics with the production years rangng from 1992-1996 is this right? Also id like to know power figures etc and basically as much info as i can. If anyone knows much about them would appreciate some feedback cheers.

C

CaL

you mean the mk1 1800 in black on ebay and piston heads??imho i would wait for a clean cheap evo 2 to pop up matey....i saw a 1800 gsr actually earlier and i do say it looked bloody gash with a huge wing and 17s lol

lennyEP82

Member +
anymore info guys had another look ad they are rare as fuck! not even on letstorquebhp and read a post sayin handling is shit wtf!? anyway still eager to atleast drive 1.info appreciated

jamesbaa

Member +
if the one you've seen is close theres no harm in acting like your gona buy it just to have a test drive is there??

C

CaL

well they are 200bhp i think...the evo 1s are evo 2s are 256 i think...they are all cool cars...imo i would get £3k0£3.5k and get a clean evo 2 but up to you...they are rare yes i was shocked to see one today.....i think they are 0-60 in 6-6.5 seconds and limited to 112:cool:....up to you though....the one on piston heads and ebay has been for sale a while thogh....i think he just needs better pics:)

now this is lovely....theres a few like this on autotrader and piston heads matey....
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1994-Mitsubis...ryZ18230QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

lots of cool ones on here i wish i could get one lol....owell i have time to wait yet

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/ww...s=&ukcarsearch_full.x=69&ukcarsearch_full.y=1

Last edited by a moderator:

lennyEP82

Member +
if i could insure a evo believe me id have 1 current quote 4 an evo ia 1700!! but for the 1800 gsr its £400 thats the big difference oh well i may just have to wait unless 1 comes up highly unlikely tho

starbogt

Member +
The 1800 gsr is around 200bhp and shares everything with the early evo's but its not an evo ! a lot of people were tarting these up and selling them as evo's a few years back. If you aren't sure what they are I would steer clear. They are quite hard to find parts as the engine is completely different to the evo lump try going on the MLR and they have a buying guide. you should get info for the 1800 Gsr too. Oh try keith michaels insurance for the Evo they give club discounts for the lancer register could be worth the money.