Irish Members - Please Read

gv1.3

Admin
Hi all,

The annual NCT for cars 10 years or older is going to impact YOU.

This page is set up for you to understand why this is being introduced and allow you to quickly show your opinion on this to the Minister For Transport.

http://www.sickireland.com/?page_id=94

Please share this on any Irish based car forums, lets fill the Ministers inbox with mails showing our opinion on his great money making scheme.

Join the facebook group http://www.facebook.com/pages/No-to-the-annual-NCT/111423092226524

gv1.3

Admin
good man Andy, these cowboys are trying to destroy the modified scene in Ireland. We need to use our voice before they do it, at which point it will be too late.

gv1.3

Admin
imagine lads, there is a huge community of car enthusiasts out there... if even half of them voiced their opinion the government might think twice.

Collectively our voice is deafening.

It's pretty ridiculous a spanish firm have the contract for testing the vehicles, i don't think it fair that they are maybe trying to make it annual due to a comparison to our MOT, our MOT seems to be a breeze compared to the NCT.

gv1.3

Admin
It's pretty ridiculous a spanish firm have the contract for testing the vehicles, i don't think it fair that they are maybe trying to make it annual due to a comparison to our MOT, our MOT seems to be a breeze compared to the NCT.

If it was an annual test for all vehicles I would not have a problem with it. The fact they have singled out cars ten years or older is what bothers me.

s.murphy

Leinster Area Rep.
Email sent. This is a pure money racket. We also have to pass noise tests etc yet motorbikes get off without a thing needing to be tested even though some of them are rediculously loud and unsafe. If there so worried about safety and noise levels why dont they test bikes. Its completly crazy:homer:
Classic example of singling out a minority.

gv1.3

Admin
Email sent. This is a pure money racket. We also have to pass noise tests etc yet motorbikes get off without a thing needing to be tested even though some of them are rediculously loud and unsafe. If there so worried about safety and noise levels why dont they test bikes. Its completly crazy:homer:
Classic example of singling out a minority.

on your point about noise levels, it will be at the discretion of the tester if they think an exhaust looks like it is aftermarket or not. So this will not apply to ferraris or anything else that roars just lads who are easy targets.

accent_97

Member +
Now, where did you say you left the car? The £28m backlog of perfectly driveable vehicles waiting to be SCRAPPED

Sitting nose to tail on a disused airstrip, these cars form a tiny part of the massive backlog of vehicles destined for the scrap heap.
The number standing idly on the runway has swelled to around 14,000 as mechanics struggle to cope with the popularity of the Government's scrappage scheme,

article-1263548-08E83D6E000005DC-498_964x481.jpg

article-1263548-08E83CEF000005DC-949_964x621.jpg

gv1.3

Admin
thanks Eoin :)

I am surprised how many people are mailing, hopefully when MR Dempsey can no longer access his inbox he might pay attention.