Is 4e-fe and 4e-fte head the same?

Jdace

Hi,

I've got a 95 ep82 GT and I've taken my head out due to a cracked head gasket. Now, I've tested my head for warpage with a metal ruler and a feeler gauge, along the exhaust manifold side I can measure 0.4mm. Which is a lot apparently, and it'll need to be tested for hardness before they can think about machining it. So before I go down that track, I want to check other solutions and I was wondering if I can't find another 4e-fte, does 4e-fe's have excactly the same head? Might have to start looking at parting it out :(

Cheers

rage

Lifer
im running a 4efe head with the 4efte cams in it and has bene running great for years. as far as i have found out the head itself is the same (side by side comparison) same goes for the valves and springs, had the same part numbers. but i had read some discussions on the cam shape so to be safe i had simply taken the cams from the 4efte head. not sure if they actually differ or not. didnt take the time to measure it

rage

Lifer
heck, the 1e, 2e, 2e-e, 4efe, 4efte, 5efe engines are so alike that my engine is a frankenstein of parts. running a 4efe block, 4efte crank, 2e-e rods (they are the same thickness as gen1 gt rods) 4efe head, 4efte cams. and im thrashing it hard without failure in the last 3 years