Is Glanza windshield washer behind same fuse as windshield wiper?

PPH

Fresh Recruit
My 1998 Glanza V windshield washer stopped working. Motor is not running. Did not find fuse for it, is there separate fuse for washer and if so, where it is located? Or is there relay for washer? Just wanted to check easy things first, motor seems to be little bit harder to reach because need to remove fender liner.

PPH

Fresh Recruit
Not yet. Because I think I have to remove tire and fender liner for checking motor, I wanted to check easier things first that I can check outside. For liner removal I have to drive to garage which is about 1.5 hours drive. So cold here (Finland) already that I do not want to do bigger things outside anymore :)

Jay

Admin
Fairly sure the washer motor is a weak spot on these, I've replaced a few over the last few years. Access to the motor is fairly handy, if you turn full lock right a few 10mm screws and some cursing will let you pull the liner out of the way. I did the last one with the car parked on the ground.

Check your fuses, check for power, tap it with a hammer and if that doesn't work I'd bet it's the motor itself.

SKINY

Lifer
Yea it's not a big job at all, 10/15 mins should get you access to the bottle and moter.
As Jay says the moters are a weak point, both my starlets have had them changed and various other older Toyota's I've had give same issues,
The GT only the rear squirter worked so swapped it only to discover the same issue so thought feck this and swapped the hose :p

PPH

Fresh Recruit
Ok, it is most likely pump. It started to work without doing anything. Probably there was some shake while driving. My car was rejected from MOT because washer did not work, one month time to re-check. Probably it is better to change pump before going to re-check. With my luck it will fail just before MOT if I try with old pump.

Reactions: Jay