Ivan Tighe camshafts

Johnny_C

Lifer
Anyone got any experience with these?
Been looking at 272 and the 284 specs,think 272 would be enough.
Cheers

AdamB

Member +
Very good cams, well recommended.
Depends on your setup and where you want the power as to what cam specs you choose though.

sx_turbo

Lifer
as the others have said mate, very good cams.

these are what dave burwash used to supply, god rest his sole

wildchild

Member +
I got Speedvision Cams for my 5EFHTE starlet and im not much satisfied with the results. ive lost low down power. on 2nd gear it takes times to hit boostr like as if ur going on 3rd gear.
It made 233hp @6900rpm on 1,4bar boost with octane 95.
The cam specs are as below-

Duration
Intake- 265Deg
Exhaust- 265Deg

Lift-
Intake- 8.7mm
Exhaust- 8.7mm

Has anybody else used these cams before? Any feedback and pros & cons of fitting high lift cams?

ramses974

Member +
I got Speedvision Cams for my 5EFHTE starlet and im not much satisfied with the results. ive lost low down power. on 2nd gear it takes times to hit boostr like as if ur going on 3rd gear.

Duration
Intake- 265Deg
Exhaust- 265Deg

Lift-
Intake- 8.7mm
Exhaust- 8.7mm

Has anybody else used these cams before? Any feedback and pros & cons of fitting high lift cams?

good info, i was thinking about buying them , but i have experimented the same problem with some kind of cams on another cars and all was for top end sacrificing the low down and sometimes midrange...
The better for our car for me is to get 5efhe cams and a vernier puley ...

Last edited:

sx_turbo

Lifer

Duration
Intake- 265Deg
Exhaust- 265Deg

Lift-
Intake- 8.7mm
Exhaust- 8.7mm

did you dial the cams in?

as a lot of the speedvision cams were found to be made incorrect, this could be a possible reason for your loss in performance

wildchild

Member +
i just fitted them in. i was previously using the 5EFHE cams. removed them and fitted this. a small portion at the front (near the pulley) had to be filed off to fit into the slot. thats just to fit in.
i even lost a drag race. humiliating thing is that i lost to the guy whom i beat the previous time with the stock 5EFHE cams. :/

sx_turbo

Lifer
i just fitted them in. i was previously using the 5EFHE cams. removed them and fitted this. a small portion at the front (near the pulley) had to be filed off to fit into the slot. thats just to fit in.
i even lost a drag race. humiliating thing is that i lost to the guy whom i beat the previous time with the stock 5EFHE cams. :/

yeah i would be double checking them,

weeJohn

Lifer
The better for our car for me is to get 5efhe cams and a vernier puley ...

I have this set up on an engine I am building, but there is very little scope for dialling the cams in due to the meshed drive sprockets. Have you made adjustments to your engine with this set up?

AdamB

Member +
That's the only spec they offer I believe, unless you go custom.

They are the same spec sheet I have been given a long with a few others I know on the forum.

goldenvtr

Member +
whilts on the subject of cams, has anyone converted to independent in/ex cams with a modified head?

im sure there would be some good gains there with a highly spec motor. im currently redoing my 5e setup with lower CR and bigger turbo so am concidering other parts whilst the heads off.

weeJohn

Lifer
Nothing is impossible, but thats a lot of work to a head, belt would be another thing. I thought it may be possible to modify the cams so they could be rotated inside the meshed cam gear, rather than go with 2 pulleys. Took the stuff into work and it lay in my cupboard that long I lost interest but its only machine work.