k26 turbo, has anyone had any experience to what power can be achieved?

jordan jt

Member +
hi guys hopefully will be getting my ep82 mapped soon, im running a fully forged 4e, emu, 440cc injectors with all supporting mods etc. will be running 1.5 bar, believe the k26 can handle more, if any could confirm this? question is has anyone had a similar sort of set up so i can gauge what sort of power i can hope to make. thanks in advance, Jordan.

Fro

Member +
Mark@cmb runs a k26, think he made just shy of 300 around that boost but he might be along shortly to correct me!

GT_Irl

Member +
I am running exact same setup right now. During the road mapping session car was knocking something fierce top end when we tried to run 1.7 bar...we thought cooler couldent keep up....more like tubby couldent! Wound it back to 1.5 bar and it was and still is awesome!!!!! Full boost early and pulls hard :) Not usre on power as I have not had her dynoed but I would estimate 250 bhp +

Jay

Admin
Ran my 5E @ 1.6 for a solid 6 months of daily driving (100kms a day) with no hassle. Since then I've ran anything up to 2 bar depending on how it feels lol. Currently set to 1.8 at the moment but she hasn't been out in a while.

It's all in the tune TBH so see what your tuner agrees with.

Jay

I ran 2 bar threw my 4e couldn't get a power reading due to wheelspin but the head didn't flow to well at that boost
I ran it at 1.8 bar 90% of the time and it went well I'm sure it made around 290ish I'd need to find sheets

I'm currently running 5e I ran it at I.5bar and it makes 327bhp we went for 1.8 and it tore the teeth off 4rth on the dyno
Waiting for another session once my new manifold arrives then we will see 2 bar on the 5e
Can't wait
As iv seen jay say before

1.5 = fun
1.8 = hold on
2.0 = holy fucken Jesus never power on without 2 hands

jordan jt

Member +
Haha cheer for all the help lads.
Might try 1.7 1.8 bar see what my tuner thinks.
I'll let use know the outcome once Its mapped.