KSport Fitment Worries

I knew this already but I was reading over on UKSO that KSports struggle to get under some 15"s and it got me thinking, the cars down at Tuning Developments atm getting a few things done one of which is KSports, the wheels i have on at the minute are Rota Grid V's, myself and Mike have spoken that this could present a problem with regards to getting the wheels back on. I dont want to have to change my wheels as i love them but I dont want to have silly spacers on them making it look like a monster truck. Realisticly what are my options if they dont fit ? Wheels are ET20 and i will be running 195 tyres when i get it home.

Cheers, Chris

sx_turbo

Lifer
I knew this already but I was reading over on UKSO that KSports struggle to get under some 15"s and it got me thinking, the cars down at Tuning Developments atm getting a few things done one of which is KSports, the wheels i have on at the minute are Rota Grid V's, myself and Mike have spoken that this could present a problem with regards to getting the wheels back on. I dont want to have to change my wheels as i love them but I dont want to have silly spacers on them making it look like a monster truck. Realisticly what are my options if they dont fit ? Wheels are ET20 and i will be running 195 tyres when i get it home.

Cheers, Chris

all u can do is to fit the disc and caliper in place and then fit the wheel and see what needs changing,

having spacer is no bad thing, a 15-20mm spacer isnt gonna look to stupid and providing u get hub centric spacers yo will probably end up improving the handling while your at it, a wider track helps improve handling.

basicly test it and see what happens,

Well its the td boys that will be putting them on mate just worried about having to change them as i really like them you know ?

I wouldnt mind soacers but just dont know how big they will need to be, tbh a spacer could make it look that wee bit more planted but just dont want anythin extreme.

Hopefully if worst case scenario is 20mm spacer then i wont be too fused maybe see if anyone has any pics of ksports on theres with similar wheels i no normall grids fit.

AdamB

Member +
Get smaller brakes, save yourself 500 quid and the ball ache lol. 6 pots are overkill in something thst weighs sub 1 tonne. My dads skyline runs 6 pots and thats 700bhp and 2 tonne lol, stops dead instantly. Just willy waving points lol.

Its just due to the fact if i decide to go for more power i dont need to worry about brakes ever, eveyrone loves a willy waving point lol kidden adam, ill see what td say :) if its only going to be 20mm spacer then i dont mind

AdamB

Member +
How wide are the wheels mate? You will prob need some arch work if you use a 20 spacer and drop the offset to et0.

96v

Member +
sometimes its the shape of the wheels thats the problem mate, I have had the exact same problem with my ksports and have had to change the wheels 3 times in order to get the ksports on :(

one set of 15's I had, the caliper was actually to long to fit inside the wheel, if this is the same problem you might have then spacers wouldn't change a thing :( and you will have to choose between ksports or killer wheels :p

Such a hard choice if it came to it i would probs just change the brakes for ease i love my wheels more than ksports hah there grid v's if u take a look see what u think ? You will know better than me seeing them first hand

Cheers for the reply mate ;)