levin breaks conversion complete

vick

Member +
well i had those break a while now i just say let do it today as am nt using the car so much for now so i decide to change the breaks here is a few picture n stuff i ve used to do the conversion

1. u ve to get longer stud i am using 65mm studs n i got it from GRP4 FABRICATIONS from Galway here is the different between standard stud n the 65mm one
469.jpg

2. u ve to get 8mm spacers put it between the disc n the hup here is picture
470.jpg

3. I used the levin disc bt some of them used the toyota corrolla d4d 2.0 lit disc which the ll fit straight on but if u r using the levin disc u ve to get it cut to 260mm diameter
then it ll fit on here is picture
471.jpg

4. here is a picture of the caliper n everything is back on the car n i think tht ll be a good cheap enough breaks setup here picture

472.jpg

I HOPE THT INFO LL HELP SOME OF U LADS WHO IS THINKING OF DOING THE LEVIN BREAKS CONVERSION
THANKS VICK

vick

Member +
i didn't drove the car yet bcoz i stil ve to put my turbo n manifold back on bcoz i ve them out to check some

vick

Member +
what model levin did you get the calipers from? i take it they were a straight swap?

to do the setup u ll need levin disc caliper n longer stud n 8mm spacer mate or else u can buy the toyota corolla yr 2002 d4d 2.0 lit one disc i ve the part number if u want they r 80 euro in motor factor

ryandlang

Member +
where did you get your new studs from mate, do you have a link for them? because ive bought some and the spline is too thin so they dont sit in the hub

adam

Member +
does anybody see the problem with this brake conversion? putiing a spacer behind the disc pushes the disc out so now when you bolt your wheel on it isnt sitting on the hub correctly. This is now putting ALOT!! of stress on your wheel studs.

vick

Member +
does anybody see the problem with this brake conversion? putiing a spacer behind the disc pushes the disc out so now when you bolt your wheel on it isnt sitting on the hub correctly. This is now putting ALOT!! of stress on your wheel studs.

THER IS STIL A SMALL bit left for the wheels mate ther few people has done this conversion on the site mate n they r running grand

vick

Member +
wel lads i finish wiz the breaks n i took the car out for a spin to try the breaks i ve to say tht a very good upgrp n won't cost u much aswel

Fatman

Member +
Even if the spacer pushes the wheel out far enough that it is no longer hub centric (which loads of aftermarket wheels aren't anyway) it's not actually the studs that hold the wheels on, it's the friction or clamping force between the rotor and the mounting surface of the wheel. The clamp load is provided by the studs but they don't actually support any weight themselves.

See my other thread in this section for a brake rotor that doesn't need a spacer at all and is available off the shelf.

vick

Member +
Even if the spacer pushes the wheel out far enough that it is no longer hub centric (which loads of aftermarket wheels aren't anyway) it's not actually the studs that hold the wheels on, it's the friction or clamping force between the rotor and the mounting surface of the wheel. The clamp load is provided by the studs but they don't actually support any weight themselves.

See my other thread in this section for a brake rotor that doesn't need a spacer at all and is available off the shelf.

i saw tht mate but i did try to put it on the way u did it dn't work mate maybe u got urs from a levin bzg mate that why anyway i can try it again n see if it work man