Looking for a 1.4 civic with a b16a2

Discussion in 'Wanted section' started by Joe_GlanzaForged, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Joe_GlanzaForged

Joe_GlanzaForged Fresh Recruit

2. Rory

Rory Paid Member

Insurance reasons?

3. Joe_GlanzaForged

aye because insurance is sky high and i got told off me mate, if its a 1,4 originally and then converted to a 1,6 insurance is cheaper but u have to tell them its converted to 1,6 and apparently they do it cheaper as it was a 1,4 originally, so looking for 1 to buy

4. Rory

Rory Paid Member

Not the case.
    It will be more due to the fact its a conversion ;)

5. Joe_GlanzaForged

what u mean by that ?

6. Shib786

Shib786 Registered User +

Well if its been converted, then maybe the person that did it in the first place didnt replace the drum brakes on the rear to discs....there are also a few other reasons...thats just one of them.

7. Gav_Kara

Gav_Kara Paid Member

Yeah it is mate,my fellas got one and his insurance is same has his old Evo

8. VXR230BHP

VXR230BHP Registered User +

Excuse me for being rather thick but why is the insurance so high on a civic????? its only a 1.4 ? I wouldn't be that knowledgble when comes to Honda's.

9. JohnOBrien8

JohnOBrien8 Paid Member

its known as a boy racer car in the insurance industry!too many young lads writing them off making the premium for them go up!

10. VXR230BHP

Smae old story with boy racers. whats sort of power do they put out ?

11. JohnOBrien8

JohnOBrien8 Paid Member

about 80bhp i tink!
    and to joe if your young like me just get a ball of shit till your 18 well doesnt even havta be i am tinkin of just gettin a nice 306 or something that will look ok but no major power to keep the insurance down until i work up a no claims.if i have enough money i will buy a starlet and do it up slowly so when i can get insured on one it will be there!
    i came on here with the intensions of buying a gt or glanza but just wont work!:)

12. VXR230BHP

Why not build an GT like what I'am doing at the min and find a good solid shell to work on.

13. JohnOBrien8

JohnOBrien8 Paid Member

i wouldnt be to handy on the technical side a thigns!!but i would be willing to buy one that needs a little work and replace some parts etc..the plan at the start was to buy and insure a glanza S and then do a turbo conversion when i am able to insure a turbo,but seems would be just cheaper to buy whatever car and then when it comes to it,buy a turbo!

14. VXR230BHP

There is a fair a bit of work involved and funds are another thing ! but you learn once your doing it. shells go fairly cheap and you can pick up parts on here.

15. Joe_GlanzaForged

kk lads, yeah expensive to insure (£4,200) but cheaper than a glanza lol at this age with no NCB and vtec isnt as good as a turbo but hey, its not bad :p

16. Shib786

Shib786 Registered User +

You could say that, Im 18 and just sold my Ek4 Civic....started off with a Glanza at 17 and had to come back to boost and now own a Ep82 :)

17. churcherj

churcherj Paid Member

im not being funny but thats the most ridiculous thing ive heard lol, surely if its been converted, your putting in a more powerful engine, going from a 1.4 to a 1.6vtec! which is the vti engine dohc 160bhp, a 1.4 is nowhere near that! thats basically like trying to insure a vti + more for converting it, would be cheaper to buy a standard vti....explain how it would be cheaper than leaving the car in standard condition? trust me your mate sounds like he hasnt the slightest clue whats hes talking about......

18. O_D_O_H_E_R_T_Y

O_D_O_H_E_R_T_Y Registered User +

x2

19. scot-ish

scot-ish Paid Member

20. Gav_Kara

Gav_Kara Paid Member

X3

Last edited: Apr 20, 2010