Manual and Power Windows

Shady

Fresh Recruit
Hey all, Not sure if this is the right section, but I have a quick question. How easy is it to convert a ep82 gt power window to a manual wind up window? I have the wind up mechanism and everything. Its just a matter of making the swap. Is it a straight up bolt on or do I need to do some "reverse engineering"?:haha:

Jay

Admin
Good question, I've never done the conversion myself but from memory the glass could be slightly different between power and manual systems, also the regulator and door card but those are quite obvious. Let us know how you get on, the difference in weight is quite significant.

Jay

Shady

Fresh Recruit
Well I have the two doors. A manual door and an electric door. The manual door is in horrible shape while the electric on is in pristine condition. I want to switch out the parts from the manual to the electric door and convert it. Will take a look at it when I get the time

SKINY

Lifer
Jay recently replaced my passenger side Moter, it was full of crappy rusty watery gunk inside and the cog was sat angled as it was clean rotten. I think it was a Camry Moter he ended up fitting after trying some different ones :)

Shady

Fresh Recruit
Ok I did the conversion myself. SImple enough. The mechanisms are bolt on, I didn't have to drill any holes or cut anything. The only change I had to make, was to swap the metal bar which screws directly onto the window glass, from the electric motor mechanism, to the manual winding mechanism. Took me an hour or so to do.