Max power made on a 4e or 5e

GI BOY

Member +
i remember dub7 i think that was his name on here ran 260 bhp no problems and chris from ccm im nearly sure he ran 260 also no problems

a lad on ukso had a gt engine at 1.4 bar on td04 for over 2 years or something along thoses lines! car is still going aswell on a stock setup now i think! seems the gt engine can really take that bit more with the thicker rods

sx_turbo

Lifer
a few years ago there was a guy called silver surfer, he bought a tdo5 16g'd (might even have been an 18g) ep82 from japan, had a massive spec list on it when he bought it, but it turned out the guy he bought it from was a bit of a crook, anyhoo he eventually got the car.

it was running 1.8bar boost when he picked it up from the port, he drove it all the way home, and around for a bit after that. he then got bored i think and ended up stripping it and selling a lot of the parts,

then he suddenly got back into it, and decided to rebuild his old gt, and decided to use the engine out of the afformentioned car, but decided to open the engine up while he was there and have a look at the internals.

to his amazement it was running what looked to be just stock internals with a 2mm headgasket.

so i beleive the jamaicans to be correct, u can get over 300bhp on stock internals when tuned correctly, and as far as i'm aware this would probably be the most ammount of power.

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
This is going to sound like a completly mad statement but sometimes a larger turbo is easier on the engine, larger turbos tend to make torque higher up the revs and can in some cases have less torque than a smaller turbo, there for less stress in the combustion chamber, thats the theory I've been using for a while to make large figures, infact my current 570hp motor runs 40flbs less than my 440hp motor, so in theory a standard gearbox could be ran on it.

AdamB

Member +
I agree with Spuddy, a larger turbo is much more efficient than a smaller turbo, hence you get a cooler intake charge during the turbo's compression of the air. Its this cooler air which saves the engine!

sx_turbo

Lifer
spuddy is spot,

the torque i dont believe is really a problem, iits more the combustion process through the engine thats the issue.

omikron

Member +
This is going to sound like a completly mad statement but sometimes a larger turbo is easier on the engine, larger turbos tend to make torque higher up the revs and can in some cases have less torque than a smaller turbo, there for less stress in the combustion chamber, thats the theory I've been using for a while to make large figures, infact my current 570hp motor runs 40flbs less than my 440hp motor, so in theory a standard gearbox could be ran on it.

the tq spike that causes rods to kick out and ruins boxes doesnt happen with monster turbos, its the quick spoolers you have to watch for

glanzasteve

Fresh Recruit
about a week lol, i had it set up by tuning developments. its still only 1bar which is what most people run a td04 at. guess my engine is just healthier than others