max'd out potential?

josewick

Fresh Recruit
Hi guys,

Just to get more knowledge on the glanza V engine.

Can someone please tell me what power;

1) is the stock internal good for?
2) Stock Injectors are good for?
3) Stock Turbo can push out? before a hybrid ones?

Is there a turbo/kit that is bolt on without chopping and welding?

What boost do I need to consider a metal head gasket.??

Thanks

Stock Internals-230 to 250 depending on tune Country/Climate/Altitude above sealevel etc.
Stock injectors-Around 200 depending on how much pressure you want to run.
Stock Turbo-180-190 depending on Boost/Tune obviously

This has all been asked many times before if you use search function there lots of info at your fingertips.

glanza_dan

Fresh Recruit
I ran td04 hybrid at 1 bar at hight boost on normal internals,
But all depends if the engine has been well treated. i wouldnt go over 250bhp

Fatman

Member +
Stock internals can reliably cope with 300+ bhp with the correct supporting modifications (e.g turbo, exhaust manifold, injectors, standalone ECU with a GOOD tune, good intercooler, large exhaust) contrary to what most people on these boards believe.

I've personally driven a stock Glanza motor pushing ~380bhp

Stock injectors as have been mentioned are good for ~200bhp and a standard issue CT9 will run out of flow at around 180-200bhp.

I wouldn't use anything other than a stock headgasket at any power level. High boost brings other issues that generally result in a blown headgasket, it's not the gaskets fault.

finx

Member +
as above, can cope with allot of set up correctly.
fuel, timing, tune, cooling both oil and fuel also pay considerable parts in weather your engine lives or dies.

billybob

Untrusted Seller
Stock internals can reliably cope with 300+ bhp with the correct supporting modifications (e.g turbo, exhaust manifold, injectors, standalone ECU with a GOOD tune, good intercooler, large exhaust) contrary to what most people on these boards believe.

I've personally driven a stock Glanza motor pushing ~380bhp

Stock injectors as have been mentioned are good for ~200bhp and a standard issue CT9 will run out of flow at around 180-200bhp.

I wouldn't use anything other than a stock headgasket at any power level. High boost brings other issues that generally result in a blown headgasket, it's not the gaskets fault.

now thats just pure shit talk lad 380bhp on stock engine,dont be leading people on on this site with that crap,250 your pushing the engine on stock interenals

Fatman

Member +
I'm afraid the best I can do is the dyno sheet of its previous tune, assuming 17% drivetrain loss (conservative compared to some figures i've read here) this is 350bhp

IMG_1939.jpg

It went on to make 240wkw or ~380bhp with some changes to ECU and boltons. Both finx and myself have been in and driven this car. I believe the car has since been rebuilt with forged internals and they're talking about 300+wkw or 470+bhp from a 4e.

Fatman

Member +
That motor was an unopened 140,000+km bottom end.

This isn't to say that pushing these sorts of numbers on the stock bottom end is easy or advisable, just saying the 4e is capable of much more than those on this forum would believe.

billybob

Untrusted Seller
I'm afraid the best I can do is the dyno sheet of its previous tune, assuming 17% drivetrain loss (conservative compared to some figures i've read here) this is 350bhp

IMG_1939.jpg

It went on to make 240wkw or ~380bhp with some changes to ECU and boltons. Both finx and myself have been in and driven this car. I believe the car has since been rebuilt with forged internals and they're talking about 300+wkw or 470+bhp from a 4e.

thats not from a stock engine ,mybe you need more proof lad as for myself and from what i know stock engines are good for 250bhp sure that graph could be for any car lad

finx

Member +
best you hunt out that dyno sheet from the car fatman.
have also driven and seen dyno sheet on said high HP car. its not a lie.

obviously this is going to cause a stir around these parts as the likes of that power level are unprecedented on stock internals compared to the cars that have been built in europe on stock internals. where its greatly believed that the max hp on stock internals is 250bhp. getting shitty about it will just spark up a big dirty debate man.

there is several cars over here that are nearing or exceeding the 300bhp mark and before everyone jumps and says ohh your dyno's are reading high, more than one of these cars have been dynod on a proven low reading dyno.

billybob

Untrusted Seller
have also driven and seen dyno sheet on said high HP car. its not a lie.

obviously this is going to cause a stir around these parts as the likes of that power level are unprecedented on stock internals compared to the cars that have been built in europe on stock internals. where its greatly believed that the max hp on stock internals is 250bhp. getting shitty about it will just spark up a big dirty debate man.

there is several cars over here that are nearing or exceeding the 300bhp mark and before everyone jumps and says ohh your dyno's are reading high, more than one of these cars have been dynod on a proven low reading dyno.

ya im not getting into your crap talk lad you fellas just talk crap stock my arse:p:p:p we do know about are cars here too

Fatman

Member +
as the chart says 4wd

It's a 4wd capable dyno.. doesn't mean the car was a 4wd. Happy to post pics of the rest of the car and engine bay. I have nothing to gain by lying about it..

Way ahead of you bro

Not to mention they have run 11 second quarters to back up the dyno figures

finx

Member +
as the chart says 4wd

that title on the dyno sheet is because its a hub dyno configured for 4wd even thou it will have been run up in 2wd it prints that on the sheet as default.

trust me the engine was 100% stock internals.
have you personally build and tuned a 4e with stock internals that has blown up as soon as you hut 251bhp ??

finx

Member +
i have personally built engines for people that have had them tuned to around the 200kw mark. using all factory components. and have done more than 10,000kms or thrashing no probs.

there will be a point where the power will become too much and the lifespan of the components will suffer however

billybob

Untrusted Seller
ya built engines lad from what ive seen 250 seems to be the limit what ecu ares yous useing lad,as stock headgaskets are no good when your going over 1.4bar,also what headbolts are yous useing

Fatman

Member +
That engine was stock headgasket. Stock headbolts. The graph I posted was with an emu piggybacked on a standard ECU. 240kw was with a link G4 storm. Nothing wrong with stock gaskets... Just need to clamp the head down. Believe the 4e is now modified to suit an ARP headstud kit from an Evo.

From what you've seen.. we're showing you some more that are plenty higher than 250bhp, what's so hard to believe?

finx

Member +
mostly link ecu's as they are locally made here and easily acessable for purchase and tuning.

stock head gaskets hold out fine. its the head bolts that are the issue on high boost levels as you can get head lift. the gaskets are appropratly o ringed etc and dont cause problems.
have substituted arp bolts from other models but now they are available to suit the e series so no longer need to do that. seems to work a treat.

have also built mitsi engines which i have put 4efte pistons into as they are cheep/ strong and have the same deck height and gudgeon pin sizes. just required a sleeve and re bore to suit. that ones making 150+kw@ wheels on 1bar and is holding up fine.

have seen e engines running 180kw on stock head bolts and gasket on 18-20 psi no probs also.