Miss fireing?

terrygtturbo

Member +
I have a miss fire in the middle of the rev range, idles fine and will rev out some times, it happens the worst on full throttle when pulling at 2500 -4000rpm any ideas chaps? Cheers

churcherj

Member +
change plugs first see what happens

then maybe try different componenets in the ignition system, maybe ht leads, dizzy possibley coilpacks etc, sure that should fix your problem :)

STARLET N/A

Member +
^^ yeh

after you check your plugs and if it still happens get some decent HT leads.

lots of starbo's get this misfire after 'X' mileage and most of the time its either these 2.

terrygtturbo

Member +
New plugs have not arrived yet but, I tried a few things... I put a reducer in the front mount air intake like I used before I had a fcd to stop fuel cut and it solved the missfire! So this must mean it's running too lean so I've adjusted the rrfpr up to 3.5 but it's still doing it? Any ideas now? Cheers!

welshowz

Member +
exactly same thing happened with mine saturday and it was down to my plugs. mine literally reved fine until 2900 and then it would misfire but then pull again fine after 3k

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
whats ur setup mate? ie what boost/mods are u running?

as mentioned above check the ignition system, if that checks out fine it could be a setup problem.

kon

carrington865

Member +
New plugs have not arrived yet but, I tried a few things... I put a reducer in the front mount air intake like I used before I had a fcd to stop fuel cut and it solved the missfire! So this must mean it's running too lean so I've adjusted the rrfpr up to 3.5 but it's still doing it? Any ideas now? Cheers!

i had this issue, i had my fpr set at 4 bar in end to stop miss fire. it later turned out to be my FCD that was causing the issue. my car was running lean badly and miss firing.
it may be worth changing ht leads and dizzy cap and rotor arm too coz even if dont solve problem it eliminates a option. there not expensive parts and are also general maintenance to keep car runnin well

terrygtturbo

Member +
i had this issue, i had my fpr set at 4 bar in end to stop miss fire. it later turned out to be my FCD that was causing the issue. my car was running lean badly and miss firing.
it may be worth changing ht leads and dizzy cap and rotor arm too coz even if dont solve problem it eliminates a option. there not expensive parts and are also general maintenance to keep car runnin well

Was itthe fcd was nackered or loose wires? Will check over them now!

terrygtturbo

Member +
whats ur setup mate? ie what boost/mods are u running?

as mentioned above check the ignition system, if that checks out fine it could be a setup problem.

kon

Running hybrid ct9 fmic jam fcd mani decat 3" system rrfpr fm air filter and 15psi boost.

carrington865

Member +
Was itthe fcd was nackered or loose wires? Will check over them now!

i had a hks FCD. i had it on too high a setting and caused it really lean. im not clued up on the JAM ones tho. maybe if it get wired in wrong it could have same effect? worth a check. try disconnecting the FCD and see if the problem goes away. thats how i figured out it was mine

terrygtturbo

Member +
i had a hks FCD. i had it on too high a setting and caused it really lean. im not clued up on the JAM ones tho. maybe if it get wired in wrong it could have same effect? worth a check. try disconnecting the FCD and see if the problem goes away. thats how i figured out it was mine

My fcd has been on 6 months and all the wires are correct, just started all of a sudden, would make sence if it was the fcd tht was nackered as the missfire only starts when I hit 12 psi of boost which is fuel cut level I think????