Most power from a stock ct9 yet on the new forum?!

WallaceGlanza

Member +
My results:

Also the car did make over 190bhp at the fly at a little more boost but this was deemed a bit of a safer tune, and the boost comes in a lot earlier now too.

hardcoreep

Member +
How much boost? I did 141whp@13psi on 90-octane. Nice to know other people are pushing their stock units.

Last edited:

Nick@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.TuningD
I Made 182 BHP and 182 IB FT Torque at 0.9bar boost mate, im pretty sure i could break the 190 barrier if not the 200barrier at 1bar, not started messing with the ignition timing yet either, but im going more power anyways

WallaceGlanza

Member +
I Made 182 BHP and 182 IB FT Torque at 0.9bar boost mate, im pretty sure i could break the 190 barrier if not the 200barrier at 1bar, not started messing with the ignition timing yet either, but im going more power anyways

Yeah I had to check what power you made because I knew it was close to mine. The difference in power betweem 13 and 15psi was only like 3 bhp but the car did make just over 190bhp however the a/f was a bit too lean then.

I have had the ignition timing played with though. Your torque figures a lot better though.

tosa2tosa

Member +
so u running a hybrid wallace?
wot other mods u running?
mines running with the usual spec list but think i need sum decent fuel management,got any advise?

Nick@TD.co.uk

Yeah I had to check what power you made because I knew it was close to mine. The difference in power betweem 13 and 15psi was only like 3 bhp but the car did make just over 190bhp however the a/f was a bit too lean then.

I have had the ignition timing played with though. Your torque figures a lot better though.
Yeah your beating me in power but im beating you in torque altho your WHP is 157? mines 155WHP

WallaceGlanza

Member +
so u running a hybrid wallace?
wot other mods u running?
mines running with the usual spec list but think i need sum decent fuel management,got any advise?

No, stock ct9A not even the B.

Spec is:
Engine/Turbo:
Autofixed FMIC
Apexi Filter (Mounted behind the grill)
Road Runner Manifold
Blitz Decat
Custom straight through ss 2.5" cat back exhaust
HKS Actuator
NGK Blue Leads
NGK Iridium Spark Plugs
Walbro fuel pump
SARD RRFPR
SARD R2D2
Carbing Cooling Panel
TRD Reservoir Covers
GReddy Emanage Blue
GReddy Profec E-01 @ 15psi

Emanage is cheap and works well. I got mine off ebay with both the required harnesses for £150 second hand but never used. Its easy enough to wire in yourself too.;)

tosa2tosa

Member +
so basicallt thats all i need to get similar power to urself
my spec is
Engine -

HKS SSQV
Walbro Uprated Fuel Pump
Sard rising rate fuel pressure regulator
330cc Denso injectors
HKS Mushroom filter
Apexi megafone exhaust cat back exhaust
Stainless decat
Uprated manifold
ct9-ct12 uprated hybrid turbo with ported and flowed wastgate
HKS Adjustable Actuator
Uprated ignition leads
Uprated NGK plugs
Front mounted intercooler
Exedy Clutch
Air con removed
TRD Oil Cap
Toms Rad Cap (High pressure)
TRD sweatbands

hardcoreep

Member +
NO! man I'm happy for you. VERY HAPPY! I want to see it done by others so there's enough data on it. Where's the torque. I made 138lb/ft.

hardcoreep

Member +
You made 138 ib/ft at the wheels or fly? if at the fly thats low :homer:

Jamaican's don't measure/quote power at the flywheel. Its a useless figure determined by the dyno operator. The flywheel figure is calculated by a MANUALLY INPUTED percentage loss, or coastdown equation. This is further stretched by how each type of dyno operates.

Us on this side of the pond use a max loss of 15% for FWD as well as the Japanese. I found out through this site that the Europeans use 22% which gives you guys some insane flywheel power figures.

In england my car would be 172hp - 168lb/ft at the fly. Here in Jamaica 162hp - 158lb/ft. 10hp and 10lb/ft difference. So when someone on this site posts that they made 200hp atf this means they'd made less whp than a Jamaican car. How (200hp x 0.22) = 156whp (200hp x .15) = 170whp for a whopping 14hp difference.

And people wonder why our cars are so fast. Again. Standard practice. No dyno operator in Jamaica would give you a flywheel reading. If you asked he'd probably laugh in your face and kick you out of his shop.

Wallace's run was a 20% loss calculation and I'm sure if he went to another UK dyno he'd make the same whp, but a different flywheel figure.

Last edited:

Nick@TD.co.uk

Jamaican's don't measure/quote power at the flywheel. Its a useless figure determined by the dyno operator. The flywheel figure is calculated by a MANUALLY INPUTED percentage loss, or coastdown equation. This is further stretched by how each type of dyno operates.

Us on this side of the pond use a max loss of 15% for FWD as well as the Japanese. I found out through this site that the Europeans use 22% which gives you guys some insane flywheel power figures.

In england my car would be 172hp - 168lb/ft at the fly. Here in Jamaica 162hp - 158lb/ft. 10hp and 10lb/ft difference. So when someone on this site posts that they made 200hp atf this means they'd made less whp than a Jamaican car. How (200hp x 0.22) = 156whp (200hp x .15) = 170whp for a whopping 14hp difference.

And people wonder why our cars are so fast. Again. Standard practice. No dyno operator in Jamaica would give you a flywheel reading. If you asked he'd probably laugh in your face and kick you out of his shop.
Ok sorry didnt mean to offend you or anything, not bad figure there then, mine at the wheels is 154.7 or something like that (thats for both BHP and IB/FT) at 0.9bar :D