MOT and rear fog light position

Status
Not open for further replies.

pilgrim_fgau

Member +
I know the fog light has to be centre or offside and has to be at least 250mm off the ground, but is there any restrictions on how high it can be, say, on the parcel shelf. I really dont want to drill a hole in the back bumper, and below the back bumper is too low.

Also can the fog light be behind glass?

Thanks

Gryzor

Admin
http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?82610-EP91-AGMQY-Fog-Lights
th_IMG_5495.jpg
th_IMG_5494.jpg

pilgrim_fgau

Member +
tried that last night mate and they failed it. I was only using a 380 21w bulb and modified the bulb holder to allow the 380 fitment, but it only gave out the same light as the tail tight. Do you know bulb an wattage is used in the tutorial you've posted?

Last edited:

Gryzor

Admin
tried that last night mate and they failed it. I was only using a 380 21w bulb and modified the bulb holder to allow the 380 fitment, but it only gave out the same light as the tail tight. Do you know bulb an wattage is used in the tutorial you've posted?

standard 380 21W bulb, with just the sidelights on in the 1st picture and the fog light switched on in the 2nd (both filaments in the bulb).
Do both filaments in the bulb light for your fog lights ?

pilgrim_fgau

Member +
ah ok, I think who ever had the car before might have wired it up incorrectly then, on mine, with sidelights on, none of the filaments lit up, with the fog light switch on, only the 5w filament lit up, so I turned the bulb round and had to modify the holder so the bulb would stay in, operation was the same as above this time only the 21w filament lit up.

Ive ordered a separate fog light anyway off ebay, will I need to run the relay with it or just a rocker switch?

H_D

Member +
the following is acceptable for mots.
You can have 2 if you have 1 on each side of the cluster,
if you only have 1 fog light it has to be on the same side as the steering wheel or in the centere of the 2 rear lights

Gryzor

Admin
ah ok, I think who ever had the car before might have wired it up incorrectly then, on mine, with sidelights on, none of the filaments lit up, with the fog light switch on, only the 5w filament lit up, so I turned the bulb round and had to modify the holder so the bulb would stay in, operation was the same as above this time only the 21w filament lit up.

Ive ordered a separate fog light anyway off ebay, will I need to run the relay with it or just a rocker switch?

just the rocker switch & fuse

Crazy_eyes

Member +
you also need a light to come on iside the car when the fog lights are on as mine failed because of this.

"no tell tail"

Sick_Jack

Fresh Recruit
About to tackle this soon - the guy before looks to have sprayed a part of the rear lens, however the bulb doesn't work!!!! I have two switches on the left of the steering wheel, one does work for the front fogs but the standard one is the one not working. Do I start at the rear cluster or the switch?????

Gryzor

Admin
About to tackle this soon - the guy before looks to have sprayed a part of the rear lens, however the bulb doesn't work!!!! I have two switches on the left of the steering wheel, one does work for the front fogs but the standard one is the one not working. Do I start at the rear cluster or the switch?????

If you don't have a multimeter start at the switch and trace the wires..

Status
Not open for further replies.