MR2 MK2 Rev5 Turbo

gv1.3

Admin
For Sale: Toyota MR2 Turbo

Item Condition: 1998 - looks its age, mechanically wonderful!

Price and price conditions: E3500 or offers, but not silly ones

Extra Info:

My little lady for sale. I got so lucky with this car, it is a beauty, now I am ready to let it move on as she is not getting the use she deserves anymore.

Potential uses: Weekend car/track weapon/daily driver/wet weather scare machine

History: Imported from Japan in 2008, I am the second owner of this car and put the majority of its European miles on it. The revision 5 is pretty rare around these parts with its distinctive adjustable combat spoiler.

Mileage: 157,000kms

The Good: Mechanically this car is just fantastic. When I bought it I wanted something solid that wouldnt give me issues and luckily that is exactly what I got (for the most part). Anything that has caused issues I have replaced (see below) so now you dont have to! It pulls like a train and holds 1bar of boost without issue.

The MK2 MR2 turbo is, in my opinion, one of the best drivers cars ever made. It is not for the easily scared as it will bite if you get it wrong (particularly in the wet) but it is an amazing car from the drivers seating position to the responsiveness and handling.

The interior is fine. Has original mats and seats are both fine with adjustment in the side bolsters to hold you tight.

The Bad: Paint work is not great. It is in the same condition as when I bought it, it wasn’t great then but I was more interested in a solid car than how clean it was. If the bumpers were filled/sanded/sprayed it would do a lot for the appearance, it was my intention to do this but I never got round to it.

There is a slight dent in the roof, again it was there when I got the car and is not really noticeable (not to me anyway).

The clips that hold the things in place that hold the bonnet and engine cover up are missing. Nothing moves around but worth changing.

I had issues with the sump nut not wanting to come out (the head is not rung). It seems to turn but not come out, no leaks or anything though. I use a 6 ltr hand pumping kit to pump the oil out through the dipstick hole. I use this on all my cars now as its cleaner and easier. I will throw in the pump with the car 

The fog lights don’t work. The connection behind the switch is disconnected, I don’t know why. The previous owner said it was like that when he got the car and I never tried plugging the switch back in. It might just be a matter of plugging the switch back in.

The leather gaitor on the gearstick is a bit worn, I have a replacement but haven’t fitted it yet.

Ask me anything else…happy to answer ;)

SPEC:

MR2 MKII Turbo Rev 5 SW20 3SGTE
Last owner claimed it was running 250 to 280HP – it feels every bit of it and would eat my Glanza alive.

Rays CE28n’s – scruffy and in need of refurb – lovely wheels on this car. Staggered (larger on back than front).
Rays light weight wheels nuts
Personal steering wheel – Rare (I think)
Tein coilovers with C spanners for adjustment
Blitz air filter and mounting kit for MR2
Not sure what clutch is in it but its reasonably heavy and has never let me down, feels very strong

That’s how she came to me….

Since I got her I have carried out the following…

Added Sony headunit with Bluetooth (automatic antenna still works… is a common fault)
Added new speakers to doors and behind seats (stock speakers were terrible)
Added TRD white gear knob
Added Defi boost gauge – love it!
Replaced tires with Goodyear Eagle F1’s still virtually new
Replaced wipers
Replaced handbrake cables, ordered from camskill (68pounds stg - they stretched.. common problem)
Replaced both rear brake calipers, discs and pads, ordered from camskill (465pounds stg)
Replaced brake fluid
Replaced thermostat
Replaced coolant
Replaced both front lower ball joints
Replaced horn *beep beep*
Replaced headlight, indicator and brake light bulbs (few weeks ago)
Oil and filter changed every 5000kms using Castrol GTX magnatec

NOTE: Can dig out receipts for above parts if you want to see them.

Pictures:

enfieldsept2010_055.jpg

enfieldsept2010_061.jpg

enfieldsept2010_075.jpg

mr2.jpg

mr2a.jpg

mr2b.jpg

Tax: couple of months tax still on her

NCT: Failed a few weeks ago on front passenger ball joint. I have replaced both ball joints and will NCT before she is sold.

Contact Details: PM me for any info.

Summary: This car will keep going forever if you treat her right. If you are looking for something solid, fast and fun this is a great machine. If you want to test drive come with money…. Anyone not used to these cars should treat them with respect, they are a handful.

Thanks for viewing.
Dylan