My experience with 4agte_ep82

Gee

Member +
I paid £180 for AE101 twin piston calipers via PayPal on 23/07/08 which were listed for sale by 4agte_ep82.

You can view the original thread below:

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/showthread.php?t=20064

Originally the seller seemed genuine, as for a couple of days he asked my now and then if the calipers had turned up or not.

Days turned into weeks and still the calipers had not turned up. Now, below is basically what happened. Sorry there are no time stamps, as this is well over a month ago!!

I had various conversations with the seller about the shipment of the calipers and he advised that they were shipped but he was having 'problems'. Apparently he had sent various packages to other buyers and they had not received their items either.

I asked for a tracking number..he advised he did not have one, but would contact the company in question and retieve one. Said he would be back on MSN in an hour with it. An hour turned into days....

Now..by this time is was close to the 45 day limit you have with PayPal to file a dispute, so I advised the seller I would be raising a dispute to cover my own back. He practically begged me not to file a claim as it would damage his reputation and that he would refund me shortly and I could keep the calipers plus my money once they turned up...

Sounded strange to me, so I said..'Refund the money now then!'. Obviously he did not and signed out.

Looking back now, it seems he was using delay tactics in order for the 45 days limit to pass. Nice try.

So, I file a dispute on PayPal and after no response from the seller I escalate it to a claim.

Miraculously the seller then gives PayPal a tracking number! And advises it was sent via EMS. The tracking number was a dud :homer:

So, PayPal today finally ruled in my favour and refunded me back....£65.76. So this conman still has £114.24 of my hard earned cash!

Needless to say I have not heard from him since!

PayPal advised:

If you are due any additional funds, we will make our best effort torecover the balance from the seller. If the seller's account has insufficient funds to complete the refund owedto you, please be assured that we will take appropriate action against theseller's account, which may include limitation of the seller's accountprivileges.

Make of this what you will and be careful out there guys.

Gee

Member +
So much harder when they are situated abroad aswell..what can you do?

If anyone can advise on any further steps I can take to get this money back, it would be appreciated. I'm not one to take things lying down.

I know PayPal are on to it, but all I see happening is his account being restricted and him buying some new sneakers with my money.

Gee

Member +
Yeah, might ask them what they are actually going to do in order to get back all of my funds.

I could never rip someone off like this, its disgusting.

C

CTR_Timmy

Thats shit dude I hope you get the rest of the money that is owed to you.

Gee

Member +
Apparently the guy ass is always broke and has probably spent the rest of my money, thus why there was only £60 to retrieve.

Can't see him giving me the money back, but I can hope.

Left him messages, but doubtful I will get a reply.

Elaine

Lifer
Thats really bad Gee sorry to hear of this :(

I do hope paypal get it sorted for you or the selling comes up with the goods!!

Gee

Member +
Thanks Elaine.

Only time will tell, but it seems he has ripped of another member on here in the past but was free to strike again :(

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Obviously its just my opinoin but sounds like he shouldn't be allowed to continue being a member, I like to think I can trust any member of this forum when it comes to private sales or any matter really.

lanxter

Member +
gutted for you mate.

paypal are wank tbh, everyone thinks your covered if you pay for goods by them but half of time your not.

i got fucked from the shipping people from the start . i tried and i tried i was hearing alot of shit i know from pass experience that sometime this thing turns up a bit late they gave tracking me fucked up tracking number .
They package got damange and was a trans shipment point for almost 3 weeks

your calipers came back here the package fucked and stuff missing i order the pads that they lost package your stuff back and sent it out to you. i don't keep money in my paypal because of past experiences . So i u could say what u want u will get your calipers . i sorry it went that way . this is not the first time they fucked me if i send with dhl or ups it will be too much

GlanzaX

Fresh Recruit
i have bought a set of tein suspension and lsd from 4agte_ep82 on the 26/08/2008 and the shocks arrived monday and the lsd had arrived yesterday.
i Paid him via western union over 1200usd dollars . I didn't have a problem with him, Sometimes shit happens and could have been genuinely screwed by the Company . it was getting worried also mate because i wasn't hearing from him for almost a week he gave me his number when i called he wasn't arround and i was told he would be back for a couple of days someone was sick for him and he wasn't arround. My packages came by Ems company that was what was on the box (EMS GENERAL POST OFFICE). He gave me a tracking number also that was on the box but i never got through it never opened . And it was the same number when i checked .
If he had intentions of robbing he would have to me, because i paid via western union which is cash in hand . Shit happens lets just wait and see .

Gee

Member +
i got fucked from the shipping people from the start . i tried and i tried i was hearing alot of shit i know from pass experience that sometime this thing turns up a bit late they gave tracking me fucked up tracking number .
They package got damange and was a trans shipment point for almost 3 weeks

your calipers came back here the package fucked and stuff missing i order the pads that they lost package your stuff back and sent it out to you. i don't keep money in my paypal because of past experiences . So i u could say what u want u will get your calipers . i sorry it went that way . this is not the first time they fucked me if i send with dhl or ups it will be too much

Sorry mate, but you are lying.

This is the FIRST TIME you have offered any sort of explanation about the calipers or packaging.

You reckon they have come back to you with bits missing? Pull the other one mate, why have you only decided to give me this information now, over 45 days later?

Refund me the £114.24 you owe me.

Ps. Don't suppose you recall the date you send them BACK out and what the TRACKING REFERENCE NUMBER IS??? :homer:

Last edited:

Gee

Member +
i have bought a set of tein suspension and lsd from 4agte_ep82 on the 26/08/2008 and the shocks arrived monday and the lsd had arrived yesterday.
i Paid him via western union over 1200usd dollars . I didn't have a problem with him, Sometimes shit happens and could have been genuinely screwed by the Company . it was getting worried also mate because i wasn't hearing from him for almost a week he gave me his number when i called he wasn't arround and i was told he would be back for a couple of days someone was sick for him and he wasn't arround. My packages came by Ems company that was what was on the box (EMS GENERAL POST OFFICE). He gave me a tracking number also that was on the box but i never got through it never opened . And it was the same number when i checked .
If he had intentions of robbing he would have to me, because i paid via western union which is cash in hand . Shit happens lets just wait and see .

It has been over 45 days and the first time I have heard of the package been sent back to him is when I put negative feedback up for him?

Sorry, but that is no coinsidance.

Lets see if they turn up, but I'd rather just have my money back to be honest.

In the claim i explain and i gave paypal what i had tracking that i was told
i told you please hold on because there was a delay because of trouble with the method of shippings that not what i told you ? they said hold a week i did so i called i asked for a tracking i got pushed arround for another week. i was called last week andtold there was a package for me i could not go i sent someone on my behalf . the package was damaged and 2 pads missing and your address half torn off so i came back to me . i ordered the pads got them and shipped it out on last weeks friday . i didn't mention to u that the package was sent out again i expalined that to paypal . when i was back i saw the claim's second response thats what i replied to .

it make nosense rob a man 300 dollars and loose to ability to sell 1000 in the future MONEY DON'T FULL MY EYE

why didn't i take his money over 1400usd there was no paypal or security with western union i could take all that money and say to hell with him . i looking for business not scunt .

Gee

Member +
In the claim i explain and i gave paypal what i had tracking that i was told
i told you please hold on because there was a delay because of trouble with the method of shippings that not what i told you ? they said hold a week i did so i called i asked for a tracking i got pushed arround for another week. i was called last week andtold there was a package for me i could not go i sent someone on my behalf . the package was damaged and 2 pads missing and your address half torn off so i came back to me . i ordered the pads got them and shipped it out on last weeks friday . i didn't mention to u that the package was sent out again i expalined that to paypal . when i was back i saw the claim's second response thats what i replied to .

it make nosense rob a man 300 dollars and loose to ability to sell 1000 in the future MONEY DON'T FULL MY EYE

why didn't i take his money over 1400usd there was no paypal or security with western union i could take all that money and say to hell with him . i looking for business not scunt .

I did hold on..for over 40 days! In this time I recieved items from the US and Japan without issue.

You never gave me a tracking number.

You never told me the package got returned.

You never told me it was re dispatched.

You stopped responding to me on MSN, never emailed me or anything.

I care not about other transactions you have made, I want my goods or my money.

Maybe you are legitimate, maybe I will get the calipers, but the feedback you have received is fully justified and maybe you will handle future transactions in a different manner in the future.

Lets see what the future holds.