~~ My Garage Update (Preview) - Eva Seen an EP91 Flush?? ~~

D3N0

Member +
What a day, recently my project has been reignited again after finding the time to work on her. Its back to uni time again; been working quite alot over the summer, so ive now got a few weeks before im snowed under again with coursework. Anyhow, as promised a month ago i will update my garage but here is a few teaser pics of the rear of my glanza sitting funky flush.

20100924_007.jpg

20100924_008.jpg

Who said a glanza can't sit flushed at the rear?
20100924_010.jpg

And my favorite...
20100924_009.jpg

I have been doing abit of work to the car of lately, i will update at some point. seems like its coming around nicely. tomorrow i'm fitting a new exhaust. next week; bodyshop to get front arches fitted and sprayed, finally fit my wilwood kit and then slap on the 225 40 R16 wheels to cover them.

peace out
Frank a.k.a D3N0

D3N0

Member +
Mate, that is awesome dude!! Looks soo good its unreal!
Got any pics from the side mate?

How did i know Sanchez would be the first to post on this thread... lol, its a preview dude; the picture quality aint great, but i thought i'd post up a teaser or 2. i will put daylight and better pics up of the car when i do get round to updating my garage. i've got so many parts laying around here, as usual most aren't posted on the forum. but they will mate.... soon.

D3N0

Member +
good job dude, keep us updated!!

Cheers Jonny.

By the way, i know some people know; but i'll tell you what the dimensions are of wheels and tires:
Yokohama Prada Spec 2 205 40 R16 at the rear - wrapping a 16x8 rim.
Toyo Proxes T1R 225 40 R16 at the front - wrapping a 16x8 rim.
Rims are a special edition Rota Slipstream.

Last edited:

sanchez

Member +
How did i know Sanchez would be the first to post on this thread... lol, its a preview dude; the picture quality aint great, but i thought i'd post up a teaser or 2. i will put daylight and better pics up of the car when i do get round to updating my garage. i've got so many parts laying around here, as usual most aren't posted on the forum. but they will mate.... soon.

Haha im always lurking around waiting for an interesting thread to pop up.... cant wait till i get my car sorted so i can get out more :D haha

Anyway looks top as all your work does dude, look forward to some better snaps :D

Ben89

Lifer
Looks savage mate!! I always love having a good read through your members garage it has inspired me to get my arse in gear and so some work to my car!! Keep up the good work mate!

Fatman

Member +
Missing key piece of info there, what's the offset of the wheels?

I was very close to ordering up some 6ul 15x8's the other day :D

D3N0

Member +
Missing key piece of info there, what's the offset of the wheels?

I was very close to ordering up some 6ul 15x8's the other day :D

I am not using any spacers, as i didnt want to; so in affect i included that in the calculations needed to find a wheel that fitted just as i wanted. i am very happy with the result, arch rolling gave an extra half an inch (can possibily get a touch more). but as Phil (owner of archenemy.co.uk) only lives round the corner; i could have in round later for touch ups.

Finally ET20 is my offset of the wheels, as apposed to the ET10 offset that the gold GT is using with the rota Grid Drifts (which is also available for a short time in ET20 in the USA). i know this as, because i was gonna use that rim initially; but changed my mind.

D3N0

Member +
looks mint!

just a q though is your susp travel severely restricted now as the wheel looks like it wouldn't go up the arch? I've always wanted to ask dub owners who have the wheels way out, surely the susp is rock hard so it doesn't move?

The suspension travel is near enough the same, ive adjusted the damping abit and i may ask Jerrick for a slightly harder spring. but again, thats me being fussy while trying to find a perfect setup. how it is at the moment is fine; i drive over speed bumps just the same as i previously did and not at sub 10mph. i have noticed abit of rubbing of the aches though, however this is only with fast hard cornering and is minimal to that effect. Obviously when going down this route tires come into play and is quite important. ive used Yoko Prada spec 2 at the rear as they have a harder tire wall that that of Toya tires, so when driving in a corner they wont flex as much. i went for 205 40 R16 as i wanted to have a wider tire at the rear for grip purposes, and have just an adequate amount af stretch so as to not compremise tire surface area and contact patch. Most would normally go for 195 40 R16 with a Toyo tire, which will give you the stretch look you want and the tire clearance with the arches; but for me, i wanted it my way having more grip at the rear with a stable tire.