NCT Low idle FAIL, what could it be?

Well lads put the gt in for the nct to night and this is what it failed on, the car is 1992

The supervisor said to drive the shit out of it and drop it in to him to test it again next week. I didnt drive it on going in to the test maybe thats why i failed as i didnt clean out the engine.

i only put it in for the full nct last month and passed with flying colours with the low idle but failed on other things so just done the full test tonight and failed on this. I only covered 140kms from the last test 6 weeks ago and didnt change a thing in the car.

Last edited:

Jay

Admin
Looks like too much fuel. Check the afrs and go from there mate.

Could be a vacuum leak, lambda issue or incorrectly adjusted rrfpr.

triple j

Member +
Defo not over fueling, that car idles at 14.7 and cruzes at 14.7/15.0, wot is 11.5. I think the engine may not of being hot enough, if she is not up to full temp idle will be a little richer.

what you think i will do lads? triple J i am sure it was cold doing the test i didnt drive it on going to the test centre

Galen

Lifer
just make sure car is fully warmed up.
I always give mine a good driving going in for nct and leave car running til they come out for it

I was talking to the last owner that built it and he said to drive it on before I go to the test and leave it running all so. Thanks for the comments lads