neighbours 2 cars got nicked

triple j

Member +
just 3 doors down from me last night the took a 2011 golf and a 2012 toyota auris, it was a couple that live there i no them well, two fresh cars the took, am just thinking the a getting very close to my own now.

H_D

Member +
I would consider getting an alarm/immobiliser or just remove a few fuses (alternator efi and fuel pump fuse) and disconnect the negative port on ur battery when its parked up overnight,
at least that way the wont be able to drive away with it!

200BlownHorses

Fresh Recruit
Tbh i wouldnt be too worried. most of these kind of thefts where they break in the house n take the keys (im assuming thats whats happened) theyre after new or newish cars, i doubt theyd be interested in an old starlet if they even knew what it is. Unless you have other new cars on the drive, then it might be different as they might just grab whatever keys they find

H_D

Member +
Tbh i wouldnt be too worried. most of these kind of thefts where they break in the house n take the keys (im assuming thats whats happened) theyre after new or newish cars, i doubt theyd be interested in an old starlet if they even knew what it is. Unless you have other new cars on the drive, then it might be different as they might just grab whatever keys they find

even if they managed to get the keys the car aint going to move without the fuses...rather be safe than sorry!

200BlownHorses

Fresh Recruit
even if they managed to get the keys the car aint going to move without the fuses...rather be safe than sorry!

True enough, was just saying i doubt theyd target a house with old or modified cars (unless theyre high end) but yeh good idea still

triple j

Member +
yeah the got into the house, am only after fitting a good 2 way alarm about 2 weeks ago, i was pulling the efi fuse and king lead off there for a while

AdamB

Member +
I would be tempted to setup a car battery and connect an ignition coil to it and strap it to the body of the car overnight, will soon give them a nice shock if anything goes near the car ;)

Rev

Member +
I have seen some people have a hefty chain to the steering wheel held on by a very large pad lock the other end of the chain disappears under the seat where it is bolts or welds to the floor . This seems to throw them as they are un prepared for this.

mrpeal55

Member +
also a good idea to turn the steering to full lock position so if they bring a transporter its harder to winch on. gateway chimes are also very useful.

Paul_JJ

Member +
germanshepherd911.jpg

999JustinSullivangetty.jpg

fair1.jpg