New Battery For EP82

Djaniero

Member +
Hi,

I need a new battery for my GT, and was doing a forum search to see what others suggested.
An old thread suggested a battery upgrade to this:

"If you want a strong battery (ie, for stereo, alarm, etc....) get

Type 005L Varta Asia Car Battery 12V 60A - Specifications
Voltage - 12V
Capacity - 60Ah
CCA(EN) - 540A "

Would something like this do?

https://www.tayna.co.uk/car-batteries/enduroline/005l/

At the moment my negative battery terminal is too big - 15mm - so I'm wondering whether the previous owner changed the terminals to UK ones at some point and I have a Jap spec battery?

Thanks

SKINY

Lifer
I removed mine earlier will get a pic and details tomorrow bud, 45 quids new 2 years ago
It's the small terminal type but handy enough fitting new terminals to the loom if needed

H_D

Member +
Im using a halfords hb038 battery. It will require bigger terminals. Comes with a 3 year warranty. I drain the power after 2.5 years and get it replaced.

SKINY

Lifer
Its a tad dear bud, 45/50 notes get ya what ya need, as a general rule I avoid halfrauds like the plague :)

Djaniero

Member +
Its free delivery on this side of the water lol.
My local factors were quoting me similar prices to be honest man. So thought it maybe worth getting a better battery online for the same price.

SKINY

Lifer
Makes sense lol, yea the amount off stupid shit on fleabay folk won't post to Northern Ireland now is mind-boggling, tried 4 different places for a boost guage holder all said no, but was able to order 5L off 99.9% isopropyl delivered no worries o_O

TylerGlanza

Member +
No mate but can get a lend off one, my local one is full off spotty 18yr old that ask how HT leads are spelt lolol, Yaris needs one too but the GT one will do with the terminal adapters Jay gave me to get it home :)

I was gunna say, some stuff they can be more expensive but i found most of the time with the trade card that it was cheaper! You can also look online for the trade price too!

With regards to batteries, annoyingly when i replaced mine i didn't check where the post positions were and they’re actually on the opposite side to what they’re supposed to be. o_O

Reactions: H_D