mohammed

Fresh Recruit
hello there i'm new to the forum. i just wanted some advise from you guys. i'm a member of uk-mkivs forum. i drive a golf mk4 gt tdi but soon will be selling it and i'm thinking of buying a toyota glanza v. can you guys tell me what are the glanza's v like on mods,fuel,insurance,power because never had a 1.3 turbo before thanks

mohammed

Fresh Recruit
thanks for the warm welcome guys. can you guys tell me what are the glanza's v like on running cost example which fuel do you put in unleaded or super unleaded and how much to a full tank thanks

kellygt

Member +
thanks for the warm welcome guys. can you guys tell me what are the glanza's v like on running cost example which fuel do you put in unleaded or super unleaded and how much to a full tank thanks

40 euro usually fills my tank I use Maxol E5 unleaded with 5 percent bio-ethanol it's meant to be 99 octane outof the pumps 480 kilometres to 500 kilometres to a full tank usually

mohammed

Fresh Recruit
not to be disrespectful is 40 euro about 30 pounds. i ani't good with 500 kilometres. how much is that in miles roughly 250. sorry if i came abit hard on you

corofin12345

Member +
welcome along mate... you will love the power in these v's.. insurance is cheap,very easily modified and they are very quick even as standard :)

kellygt

Member +
not to be disrespectful is 40 euro about 30 pounds. i ani't good with 500 kilometres. how much is that in miles roughly 250. sorry if i came abit hard on you

No worries mate my cars in Kilometres so thats why I quoted kilometres I'd say its more than 250 maths is not my strong point there a great little car dont know about insurance in the uk but the tax is cheap and you get serious bang for your buck and grin factor

mohammed

Fresh Recruit
i'm looking for a 97 or 98 model. do they come higher then the 98 model guys. whats the standard bhp on the glanzas. do they have any common problems that i should look out for before buying one. and how long does the engine last in the glanzas (millage wise). thanks for the advise kellygt

corofin12345

Member +
i'm looking for a 97 or 98 model. do they come higher then the 98 model guys. whats the standard bhp on the glanzas. do they have any common problems that i should look out for before buying one. and how long does the engine last in the glanzas (millage wise). thanks for the advise kellygt

they go up 2 99 mate.. big end bearings are the akiles heel in these cars but if they are minded they will last you a long time.. standard your talkin about 135bhp on the ct9 turbos they run on.. when buying one just look out for noises in the engine like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Svcur-bZHY

mohammed

Fresh Recruit
i've seen a import one black in colour 98 model s reg i think it was. its got a hks exhaust system and baileys dump valve millage is 40thousand. he wants 4 grand for it. is that worth it

corofin12345

Member +
i've seen a import one black in colour 98 model s reg i think it was. its got a hks exhaust system and baileys dump valve millage is 40thousand. he wants 4 grand for it. is that worth it

for that milage yes.. a little steep but millage is brilliant.. is it just in from japan or what?

mohammed

Fresh Recruit
ya i'll be the 1st owner. gonna go and have a look at it today. do you need good security on these cars. do they get nicked easly

corofin12345

Member +
ya i'll be the 1st owner. gonna go and have a look at it today. do you need good security on these cars. do they get nicked easly

wow it really is good so mate and the japenase always look after their cars.. im afraid they are easy enough 2 break into but easily sorted with an alarm.. i personally pull "a" fuse when i park mine.. let us know how you get on 2moro... im off.. enjoy the site mate :)

mohammed

Fresh Recruit
nice talking to you. i'm of to sleep now. gonna go work at 8am. i really want a glanza v now. see you later corofin12345