Monkfish

Member +
Gainward 1GB 8600GT :cool:

Here it is compared to my old card...
DSC01807.jpg

DSC01808.jpg

Fitted...
DSC01812.jpg

And this is what CoD4 looks like, 800x640 resolution, everything on.

shot0001.jpg

shot0002.jpg

shot0003.jpg

shot0005.jpg

shot0006.jpg

:D

Aidan-G

Member +
the graphics are brillant!

my brother plays lord of the rings online...but it gets slow if theres too much going on..think he need a new card!

king_stu

Member +
How much was that little card then? Just in the process of upgrading my machine (well throwing the old one away LOL)

Kelly

Member +
looks good monkfish!

im not too keen on playing games but have to say when im watchin ben on call of duty on xbox through HD does look good!

Bluebear

Member +
You slag Monkfish, a 8800 is my wet dream.

However, I dunno whether to buy one, or to hold out for the GeForce 9 series coming out sometime this year.

Last edited:

Lornce

Member +
Very good graphics there! :)

I can see your on the sniper mission too! Very hard at the end when you have to sniper everyone isn't it!

Greg0r

Member +
i used to have the 8600 gts xfx xxx, it was a good card sold it about 1 month ago for £125 on ebay and got the 8800 ultra.... Its amazing but costly

im still to get COD4, currently playing Crysis which is amazing and Hellgate London

Bluebear

Member +
I'm thinking about getting one of the new 8800GTS with the G92 architectures, supposed to be much better than the first GTS's, and on a par with the 8800GTX's, if not better. But for the meantime, my 8600GTS is perfect :)

EDIT: Oh how I've made a mistake. I thought you'd had gotten an 8800 there Monk, whoops >.<

Last edited:

Monkfish

Member +
You slag Monkfish, a 8800 is my wet dream.

However, I dunno whether to buy one, or to hold out for the GeForce 9 series coming out sometime this year.

It depends how much money you have to burn. Myself, I'll keep this card in the new PC, I'm planning to rebuild the old XP machine that shit itself and turning it into a dedicated games platform running a stripped down version of XP, the 8600 and whatever chipset I can afford at the time. :)

Very good graphics there! :)

I can see your on the sniper mission too! Very hard at the end when you have to sniper everyone isn't it!

It is indeed. Another pain in the arse mission is where you invade the TV station.

I've completed the game on regular difficulty anyway, I'm going back through the whole lot on hard. I played through the sniper mission specifically for the screenshots, the shadows and dust effects really show off the graphics on the game. My favourite mission is the "Death from above" one, that's so much fun. :p

I'll get some HL2 shots done too, that looks amazing now. :)

Sharagath

Member +
that is a monster of a card, a true power eater.

i have the 8600GT in my current laptop only with 512mb, a nice card. i whant more because of some new games(crysis).

GTti

Member +
Jesus, I remember in 2003 my 9800 Pro cost me almost £300! Looks impressive, you have decent frame rates too?

By the way Monkfish, I used to play HL: Team Fortress Classic for England (ECTFC (04/05)) as well as alot of other leagues for some top clans (Best in europe). Played it from 1999 to 2005, bit of 2006 and haven't touched a game since really!

Probably because my PSU went pop and I've never bothered to repair it :p

Click >
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLZqukMnsB0

Hehe

Last edited:

Monkfish

Member +
Jesus, I remember in 2003 my 9800 Pro cost me almost £300! Looks impressive, you have decent frame rates too?

By the way Monkfish, I used to play HL: Team Fortress Classic for England (ECTFC (04/05)) as well as alot of other leagues for some top clans (Best in europe). Played it from 1999 to 2005, bit of 2006 and haven't touched a game since really!

Probably because my PSU went pop and I've never bothered to repair it :p

Click >
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLZqukMnsB0

Hehe

Frame rates seem decent enough to me, especially compared to what they used to be!

Cool stuff with the TFC stuff too. :)

Here's some screenshots of HL2: Lost Coast...

(Click for full screen version)

d2_lostcoast0005.jpg

d2_lostcoast0009.jpg

It looks amazing when moving and it's so smooth too. :)

Bluebear

Member +
I gave Lost Coast a do the other day, was stunned by the church. You can tell they put it to good use, Episodes 1 and 2 looks gorgeous.

Monkfish

Member +
I'm going to give Episode 2 another bash soon, they've completely revamped the physics engine in that and tweaked the graphics too. :homer: