nice thing to happen 20 miles from home

Aidan-G

Member +
this happened last night out of the blue 20 miles from home,when i opened the bonnet today to strip it off,it melted a few wires also..the welding on it it pure muck to be honest

004.jpg

002.jpg

001-1.jpg

Adam-Gt-

Member +
That happened to me on my way to work check out my Garage theres some pics in there ... luckily i no m8 who works at a bus depot so he just sorted it out for me for nothing

durmz

Member +
shit man thats crazy, ide be pisssseeedd!! some of these things need some serious bracing I think, all that vibration and weight hanging off the collecter cant be gd

Rory

Lifer
It is braced. ;)

One of the very reasons i will never have another Stainless manifold, thats made from cheapo 306.
It isnt suited for the application its intended for, ie: expansion and contraction from being really hot to cold.

GaryGT

Member +
Poor design collector chamber and that was always gonna happen.
thats a stress tear!! dont be blaming the welds dude

Shorty

Member +
^^
should still be able to do the job its made for! welds or stress it should'nt have gone. stainless manis just dont seem to work :(

dac69er

Super Moderator
We must be doing something wrong as all the jap manis are 306 grade and they never had a prob?

how many people actually run these jap manis though? they are so expensive i dont think ive ever seen a pic of one on someones car.

ive heard of the silk road manis cracking in the past, they are jap i think!?!?

popsy09

Munster Area Rep.
my mani is stainless as well as all the flanges and i had no problems :):)

what happens with the stainless is the flanges are mild steel and the manifold stainless and they cool down at different rates which can cause problems ,i think it was the great madman who told me this....

MentaLEP91

Member +
well, ive got a stainless mani (with external WG) and have absolutely no problem with it.

if the manifold is correctly braced and has 2mm++ thickness, it wont suffer a thing!