Now we're all payed members..

goldenvtr

Member +
How about every 6months theres a price for the most impressive project or somthing along those lines. There must be a few spare ££ left over dosnt have to be alot, maybe a trophy lol

stuart

Member +
If we're paid up members, we should contact tracks, strips etc, given the chance to book full club days, club rr days? Introduce membership cards? Free stickers for paid members?

Yes it is a forum, but could possibly form into a 'club'?

Sorry if I'm sounding a bit pushy or what have you, just thinking outside the box :cool:

goldenvtr

Member +
If we're paid up members, we should contact tracks, strips etc, given the chance to book full club days, club rr days? Introduce membership cards? Free stickers for paid members?

Yes it is a forum, but could possibly form into a 'club'?

Sorry if I'm sounding a bit pushy or what have you, just thinking outside the box :cool:

Thats a good idea, TGTT business cards ! lol we deffo need to get Meets going more often, i thiknk after this years Pod meet, everyone will agree.

stuart

Member +
Get the club on the map, contact say Shakespear raceway, all funds donated to a certain Charity, TGTT.com vs Impreza owners or something along those lines, make an entry fee (all proceeds goto Charity) have a few traders stands etc, would get rid of the barry image that some Starlets are giving off...

^^ - That was just a random, very vague idea, but could be worthwhile in the long run to get TGTT.com on the map :cool:

jamesbaa

Member +
sounds like a good idea to me, i also like the sound off the free TTGT.com stickers (who doesnt like a freebie)

goldenvtr

Member +
Get the club on the map, contact say Shakespear raceway, all funds donated to a certain Charity, TGTT.com vs Impreza owners or something along those lines, make an entry fee (all proceeds goto Charity) have a few traders stands etc, would get rid of the barry image that some Starlets are giving off...

^^ - That was just a random, very vague idea, but could be worthwhile in the long run to get TGTT.com on the map :cool:

Ive got contact within Shakespear raceway, so i might be able to sort something out, we need a FWD Club to compete with though.

stuart

Member +
Ive got contact within Shakespear raceway, so i might be able to sort something out, we need a FWD Club to compete with though.

Yeah obviously, I was just generalizing :)

But its entirely up the sites owner(s) as to how far they want to take the forums/club.

jamesbaa

Member +
I think they should try and publise the forum as much as they can, now you have to pay to join theres gona be fewer members joining and paying anyway. The more meets the better in my opinion!!

rb69

Member +
I might be going a bit far with this one but how about putting an advert in Banzai magazine? not every month just now and again?

Monkfish

Member +
Good ideas guys, but the problem is that merchandise costs money. Not only that, but a lot of our members are not in the UK, so posting stuff would be a pain, not to mention ass numbingly expensive. I'd imagine most (if not all) of the money goes on the hosting/forum licence.

It would be good to have some incentive to being a member though (Other that posting privelages on the best forum eV4r :D). The suggestion of a track day or 1/4 mile day is a good one. It's expensive though. There is a small track local to me, only a mile or so long, but it costs a lot to hire out for a day. SW-CC arranged a track day there for £60. They got 40 members down on the list, which is £2400. They made a loss of 70 pence per member. That's just a small circuit. Imagine how much Silverstone or Santa Pod costs to hire... :(

ragz

Member +
club card sounds good

hand em out to peoples with starlets that we see on the road that are not on the forum impreza owners club do that

couple months back coming outta halfords(god forbid) walking to my mate impreza to find a little card stuck beneath the wiper
it was a card saying join our forum
then all the details on it

i think thats a really good idea

stuart

Member +
Imagine how much Silverstone or Santa Pod costs to hire... :(

But if proceeds are for charity etc, it would bring them revenue, not to mention free publicity....

I could enquire about getting some key chains made up??

Maybe some quick flyers to stick on the cars at Trax?

Last edited:

stuart

Member +
I can look into those tonight when I get home, if anyone has a small flyer, there is a printing company down the road from me, printed a mate out 1000 business cards for £11.50... :)