Painting wheels help!!

chris141

Member +
Going to be spraying my wheels bronze with a spray gun. Does anyone know where I could get bronze paint from, wether il need hardner etc and wat colour of primer to use? Rep will be given!!

If you're painting a metallic you'll need to lacquer your wheels. Most basecoat sold today is waterbased, but you can still buy the old solvent stuff from some suppliers. It sound like you don't have much experience, so I'd recommend trying to get solvent basecoat as it's easier to use.

The lacquer you'll need is dangerous and should be sprayed in a controlled environment. It can cause asthma due to the isocyanate content of the hardener. Different manufacturers have different mix ratios, so ask for a 2 pack lacquer and make sure you get a data sheet. You may also need some kind of thinner, again, ask your supplier.

Make sure you wear a mask when you spray any paint, but especially 2k clearcoat. And I don't just mean a flimsy paper thing, ideally it'd be air fed, but the minimum you'll want is a vapour mask

Hope this helps