police at my door at 1:30am

sam_glanz

Member +
While out with some mates, had a phone call from my mum, Saying that the police are at our front door asking for you, something about your driving?

Older sister rings me from upstairs, saying the police are saying they saw you this evening on there wat into work driving like an idiot?!

enough said of that account, But they were in one of there own personal car, so no speeding device ect, no video evidence, just Two officers!

They told my mum that they will be taking my car off me and i will be getting points, my sisters said "oh a section 59?" he replyed NO. its beyond that!!

He told me im going to be around wednesday to see me and that my car will be taken (Car is about 15miles from my house in a safe location now)

But what can they really do? No evidence of me speeding? They won't be able to tell me my exact speed? due to know camras??

AND I KNOW IT WAS SILLY OF ME, SO NO SARKY COMENTS lol

Any help cheers lads

sam

addz

Member +
What the hell, that is just utter bollox.

Even if they DID see you speeding that day they can't come knocking on your door without any evidence. They must have evidence to go any further to my knowledge

scot-ish

Member +
from your post, your already guilty, and looking for a way out.

seems like youve been caught, and will have to take what's coming.

Dan3SGTE

Member +
take your car?? I think someone's having you on mate.

And if it were genuine they would of had to be on duty and pulled you at the time otherwise where is the proof it was even you driving the car???

sam_glanz

Member +
Yeah i think they were just trying to scare my poor mum, she was abit worried when i got in, Saying they going to crush your car, your guna have to re take your test lol bless her

But the coppers round here are on massive power trips, and more offten than not if you get pulled over, your can tell them the law!!

dunno about your case mate, but they won't do you for speeding it would be dangerous driving most likely.

Unfortunately a Police Officer's word can be taken as fact in court in most instances

BallıGee

Member +
Yeah i think they were just trying to scare my poor mum, she was abit worried when i got in, Saying they going to crush your car, your guna have to re take your test lol bless her

But the coppers round here are on massive power trips, and more offten than not if you get pulled over, your can tell them the law!!

make a formal complaint about it

sam_glanz

Member +
Yea they take your cars off you down here section 59 warning, some would of heard of it, Im not sure how far up north it goes??

They see you doing something you shoudn't be, they pull you over, give you a section 59 warning, 1 more after that you get your car taken off you there and then, flat bed comes they pick it up, stays there over night and you go pick it up and it costs £150! They hand them out like jelly tots down here!!

sam_glanz

Member +
dunno about your case mate, but they won't do you for speeding it would be dangerous driving most likely.

Unfortunately a Police Officer's word can be taken as fact in court in most instances

Thats what im abit worried about if im honest, dangerous driving, and the fact if it went to court, there not going to blink an eye at a young lad? :drive:

1bar

Member +
If they come back asked them for a search warrant if they dont have one tell them to get the f off the property...Also dont say anything they will need a statement from you. Cant really see this standing in court with no evidence.

glanzanut

Lifer
u dont have a leg to stand on mate, guy i know passed an off duty cop goin like hell and lost his licence for dangerous.:freddy:

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
u dont have a leg to stand on mate, guy i know passed an off duty cop goin like hell and lost his licence for dangerous.:freddy:

Thats mad,in ireland,unless theres more public witness's,there has to be two guards who witnessed the dangerous driving.

Found that out a few years ago off a solictor on another forum who studied road and traffic laws mainly.Probably the main reason a single guard never pulls someone over and gives a summons etc,just the warnings.

And theres actually a stupidly obscure law that states they arent recognized as a guard unless the have there garda issued hat on lol

turbo-fever

Member +
has no one heard bout scam, with people posing as police officers, they make up false accusations then claim they will have to take your car (this is happened to my friend) they told him he would have to pay to get it out the impound but wen he went to get it, it wasnt there turns out they wernt even police they had just basicallly nicked it (they were eventually found and so was the car)

so make sure they are actually real police mate

ruggiero06

Member +
check credentials of cops... here in the states alot of home invasions are criminals posing as cops...once the door is open they are beaten and robbed. in my city (las vegas) i have been with freinds...left the car for no more that a few minutes and it was GONE. if people see you driving like an ass and see your car is super sick they will follow you ans try everything they can to get their hands on it.

just be careful mate and call a lawyer. idk how it works over there but once u get a lawyer your lawyer gets to see all the evidence the police have against you...

idk if this was any hel as we are on different continents. but i really hope u dont get f'd

Sw3eDz

Fresh Recruit
police really don't have as many rights as everyone thinks they do, you just have to know the law and your rights, like the guy said earlier they have to have a search warrant to come into your house. If your car is open they can look inside but if it's locked they have to have a search warrant for it before you even have to press the button to unlock it, know your rights mate.

Stulet-GTT

Member +
I had the same a few years ago, of duty officer reconed he seen me driving like a tit and pulled me in the evening..
He was a complete arshole really an gave me a section 59,an i made a complaint against him as it seemed he was jus picking on me..
Never heard anymore about it and have never been pulled round that area since..

They can report you for dangrous driving so that mean's they will give you a section 59,but i dont think they can take ya car away...

Matchew

Member +
Mate be careful, a customer at work had to so called police officers come round to his house at 2.00 am saying that he was driving like an idiot but he hadn't left the house all day and that they were taking his car and he asked for there names and officer numbers he rang the police to make sure they were legit coppers and guess what they werent. They took the car and now he's waiting to hear back from the real police