Police parking fine question

rb69

Member +
Hello,

Went out for a meal with the lady a few nights back. The car park was packed so had to park on the road, nothing new there as its frequently very busy and I know others who have parked there before without any trouble. I didn't realise the road had double white lines in the middle which is illegal to park on, I think they have only been painted there recently.

Anyway I have been sent a letter saying I will be fined and receive points. I had no notice placed on my car and apparently the police do not even need to provide photographic evidence of the incident. Would it be worth taking this to court or should I just pay up? I have a clean licence if that helps. Thanks in advance

AdamB

Member +
Was it an "Official letter"?
If they haven't got any evidence then you could just say you wasn't even parked there. Although saying that if you take them to court, they could pull the trump card and provide evidence.

I know someone who got caught speeding and took it to court because the photo evidence provided wasn't clear enough and claimed that might not even have been him driving. He took it to caught where they produced a much clearer image to prove it was actually him, so he got done up the ass.

Rev

Member +
You could photograph parking signs that are next to double yellow lines on a similar road to show its not double lines alone. Some situations require signage for this you have to read legislation.. If it could be considered a potentially dangerous situation I would just pay..

Paul_JJ

Member +
The police is too busy in this country to make money out of nothing, issue a speed fine for doing 33mph in 30mph zone and the parking tickets, where is every second car park there. We have a train station parking rebuild recentrly - for the unknown reasons they put double yellow line where you actually pick up the passengers and that place is totally packed up at all times, taxi just sat there for hours and other people don't care, including the police, so why putting them over there in the 1st place? The worst parking planning EVER if you asked me!

The funny think is that when it comes to serious crime the police is never around and would never help, I heard so many stories where the cars were stolen and the police just stood near by watching them and did nothing....

I was issued a parking ticket once by the council, aparently my car was parked on the pavement they said, well it's no like there is a pavement at all, there is not even a line to show that the road becomes a pavement..... I took the pictures of my car and other cars, posted it to the council with a massive complaint, saying how come my car was the only one fined when all the other cars were clearly parked just like I did??? I fogot to mention that I parked at night, and with tinted windows on the rear it makes it even worse!

I would take pictures of other cars if I were you who parked there on the regular basis and claim why I was the only one fined and I want to see a picture as a proof???

Arnold

Lifer
I didn't realise the road had double white lines in the middle which is illegal to park on, I think they have only been painted there recently.

As far as i'm aware, and i might be wrong, but parking restrictions are only relevent where yellow or red lines are placed. There would also be valid warning signs warning you of any parking restrictions. If it's a pay and display area, then the area you parked should be outlined with a white box to indicate a parking space, with clear signs advising you of the nearest pay and display machine.

Anyway I have been sent a letter saying I will be fined and receive points. I had no notice placed on my car and apparently the police do not even need to provide photographic evidence of the incident. Would it be worth taking this to court or should I just pay up? I have a clean licence if that helps. Thanks in advance

Is it a genuine council written letter? Can you scan it / upload it but blur out your own personal details. I'd only really pay attention to genuine council written ones.

hookie663

Member +
id wud say if they ave no evidence for example picture and nofin was left on the car ul worm ur way out of it