Project EP82 HELP! (PDL)

PDL

Fresh Recruit
EP82 project since 2013 not resolved.

This car started as a 4EFTE A/T.. We then had it converted to M/T. Since then we had issues reaching the rev limit. Went to several shops already to have this car checked and they have played around the timing and af mixture. As of now, it will start but has a high rpm. We already removed throttle adjuster screw.

Since we have changed the transmission, should I first grab a M/T ecu with part 89661-10100?We have an ecu part number 89661-10040 currently installed and we did a TE1 & E1 diagnosis and gave a fault of 42(VSS) & 51(Switch signal) which are for A/T it looks like.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Jay

Admin
Code 42 and 51 aren't just for automatics, they would indicate something is amiss on your EFI side. The ECU needs to see certain values during operation or it will slip into a safe mode of sorts. Seeing as you are having acceleration issues both of those could very easily be contributing to poor performance. The auto ECU is known for being less aggressive but should rev out just fine - mine will redline if required.

42 - check speedo cable to instrument cluster and connections from cluster to ECU.
51 - Check and adjust the throttle position sensor as required.

Hope that helps,

Jay

Reactions: PDL
now i can tell you with 100% certainty that an A/T ecu works on an automatic to manual conversion (in my case this was done on an ep91)...all that was required was for a bridge of two wires for the car to start/run.
i'm not sure which TPS your car comes with, but the quad light ep82 (reportedly) and ep91 automatics come with 4 wire variable TPS
regardless, if your car getting error 51, you need to have your TPS connection looked at and check TPS specifications---there is a tread on here indicating how to set it up properly with feeler guages

are you using the AT ecu that came in the car originally?---before it was converted to manual