Removing headlights

Chi

Member +
Can anyone tell me how to remove the headlights on a starlet GT?? The ones I have on the car ATM points way too low and the hight adjuster screw sorta broke. Well the plastic broke and when I tried to turn it with a pair of pliers, that just chews it up.

I have a spare set!! just need to know how to remove the set that is on the car. will I need to take the bumper off to get them off?
I had a look on tutorial secton but it's not in there and typed it in serch but nothing come up.

Any help will be cool :)

monka

Member +
take the indicators out mate and they literally just pull out.sort of towards the outside of the car

Chi

Member +
Cheers for the text dude.

does it just slide off? slide it to the side or to the front? I dont really feel brave enough to just pull the thing out :confused:

Has someone did a how to before??

monka

Member +
i found it easier wid grill off, remove the indicator, and obviously unplug or remove the bulbs, then just sort of slide it towards out side and front, so looking at the car removing passenger side pull backwards and to the right, theres a knack to it. lol

got a new comp but when i get some time and the camera sorted i'll put a tutorial up.

monka

Member +
i second that....way easier with grill off...

easier yes to find out, although once yu know what your doing doesnt make much difference, i shit my self the first time, you have to pull quite hard then it just pops, i was like, fuck, its broke. lol. but its nice and easy for things like pod. lol

Chi

Member +
Mate, are you going to the meet (bbq) on the 16th?? if you are then you will have to show me :) I hope I will get it sorted by then.

Oh actually. I cant. I need to take legacyturbo to the meet and it will be in the evo :(

yeah get a tutorial up :) PM me if you get it up.

Monkfish

Member +
Here's what to do...

1) Remove grill
2) Remove indicators (they should just pop off by pulling the lower part of them forwards). Remove bulb plug and place indicator lens out of the way. Wiring can be tucked into the wing if it's in the way.
3) Removal of indicator reveals 2 nuts (12mm iirc) on the side of the headlight. Undo them.
4) Undo the single nut attaching the top of the light unit to the slam panel.
5) Undo all bulb clips from the rear of lights (There will be 3 - Sidelight, main beam and dipped beam)
6) Remove headlight unit by sliding it towards the centre of the car and gently twisting the inner edge towards you.

Simple eh? :)

Last edited: