rip off

Aidan-G

Member +
insurance in the uk is a rip off,im in london and wanted to insure a 1.3 corolla,just and old wreck to get me about,£2000 quinn wanted,haha..and some £3000 and others wouldnt even quote me.

you have to laugh i was only paying 700 euro in ireland,im 22 full licence driving since i was 17,bloody shambles:beer:

dark_knight

Member +
lol. we pay an equivalent of 110 pounds for 12 months here for the starlet class of cars. it could go higher if you go over with mods and would like your insurance to cover that too.. but, it does suck to be you right now.. :D
2,000 pounds?! pshhh!

Blak_Mamber

Member +
where bouts in London u live dude? I thought just under £500 was bad enough for insuring my GT lol. I should think myself lucky.

Aidan-G

Member +
im living with a relative in feltham middlesex at the minute,its probably classed as a high risk area as its a dump!!under £500 is nothing id happily pay that!

anyone recommend insurers?adrian flux wouldnt even quote me,lol

Rob H

Member +
lol I know all about it! I run a 1998 Peugeot 406 1.9tdi estate with 200,000 miles on it. I paid less than 500 quid for the car and was getting quotes for over a grand for that but the thing is I have been driving over 10 years! have over 10 years ncb and had no points! I costs my missis under 400 quid to insure the starlet with every thing declared! and she was quoted under 500 with the turboed engine fitted too! so much for cheap run abouts lol!

Vglanza

Member +
Its a money making exercise, and because by law we need it, they can charge what ever they see fit and know we'll pay it because its against the law not too have it. think premium's went up something like an average of 48% this year. there's a young fella works with us just passed his test, Bought a 1.3cdti corsa, considered too be in the lowest insurance bracket. was getting qoutes of up to £5000, cheapest he ended up with was 2500 along with his dad who has a clean license. Daylight robbery, seen robber's take less when they break and enter. So you pay you £2000 with a clean license if you have a crash you think well atleast im insured, they pay out then slap £1000 on the next year.

Law was passed that if a car is MOT'd and Taxed it HAS to be insured, even if not being driven, apparently this was too stop uninsured driver's, would you blame anyone? were in a resession, and from a building perspective it has got worse were practically getting arse raped by people who run the uk, and people who go by the law are never thanked. Fed up with the oppressive nature that everything is being forced on people too pay more for living. When's are wages gona go up too pay for all this!!