Roll cage plan??

quadcorecraig

Member +
anyone got any plans on making a roll cage (EP82), looking for a few styles of bar work ...

plus i would like to see some pics of your cages if you have 1 get posting!

:D

glanzaj03

Member +
here's a couple of mine -

10mpsonypics025.jpg

glanza6.jpg

quadcorecraig

Member +
cheers guys ... because i am after a shell i was thinking of a cage would look really good plenty of bars was ..

just got to plan it all out ..anyone think it would be cheeper buying 1 than getting 1 made my grandad would be making it

just got to stop him when he starts to pain it red oxide hahaha old farner

HorwathBence

Member +
Hmm... to be honest... i wont get it... yes they are nice ones, and nite job... but why bolted not welded, and why the original seatbelts.
In all FIA amateur cups, if u chose to use a rollcage, u have to use it with proper racing seats, and at least 4 point seatbelts.
If u crash it u ll smash jour head like a watermelon... and the non welded rollcage ll not protect tha car, so it ll be crashed to scrap...

Again, sorry, and not for fackin about... but i think it is not healthy...

weeJohn

Lifer
If its only for looks, bolt it in and use light guage tubing.

If its for protection and stiffening of the chassis, weld it in and make sure you use seamless tubing, or the chances are it will cause more damage to you in an accident than not having one.

Rory

Lifer
Also the cages above dont conform to the MSA regs 09, due to the fact that there is more than one bend in the lower section below the window fram - ie: dog leg or escape dash cages.

Just for your info more than anything.

glanzaj03

Member +
tbh mine was already fitted when it was imported from japan otherwise i probably wouldn't have had one fitted myself. mine did have sponge tubing wrapped around it but it looked tatty and was coming off in places so i took it all off (except top front piece) but i do have plans to have it re-wrapped and also to have proper seat belt/harness fitted.