saxo vts noob from donegal (pics)

N

numba1drummab01

yo yo yo was up

i have a saxo vts atm and live outside letterkenny(at the top the famous lurgy hill)(what can you get up it???)

looking about importing a glanza in the very near future,any reason why i shouldnt,i know they have shite handling no matter how expensive the coilovers are but i want more reliability than handling so the saxo and the glanza are complete opposites.

any things i should look out for when buying???

here some pics of my current yok.not good pics but just took them a wee wile ago with the phone.
DSC00048.jpg

DSC00047.jpg

Adam_Glanza

Member +
who told you the handlings rubbish?

thats definately not true. once set up correctly the starlet can handle very nicely.

importing one is fine but just make sure you use a reputable company or you could get stung

N

numba1drummab01

a guy i know had a 1.4 saxo and then bought a glanza and 3 weeks later he bought a vts because he said the handling is pants but i dunno.

anything i should look out for??

the one im looking at is grade 4 and is completely standard (ride height, wheels etc)100,000 kms and one of the cleanest engines ive ever seen.

ever heard of japan dynamics?

Adam_Glanza

Member +
not really, but just do some research and im sure itll be fine.

standardly yes its not that hot, but after a few mods its pretty decent tbh

Duff

Member +
OP, I know your username from somewhere...what other forums you on??..Anyway Glanzas can handle brilliantly one you fit some simple mods, like coilovers, strut braces, anti roll kits etc..

sx_turbo

Lifer
you need to remember the chassis design (standard) is 10 years older than a saxo.

so standard it will handle like a sack of shit.

but with a few choice handling goodies, and some decent rubber you'll be laughing.

nothing much to look out for really, try and buy an unmodified one, if you want reliabilty, or make sure the mods have been done to a very high standard.

and its nice to see a saxo driver who not a chav ;)

welcome

smythy75

Member +
French v jap!

The fella who changed to the Saxo again must of scared himself or just couldnt drive! Handling is fine on them! I'd say a Saxo wit standard suspension is good! "feel the sarcasim"

weeJohn

Lifer
The Glanza/EP91 chassis is not just as good as the GT/EP82 chassis in my opinion. Had both.

That is what has probably been turned into "handle shite"

Either will make mince meat out of a Saxo on the straights or the twisty bits.

N

numba1drummab01

im part of saxo sports club and jon44w and ek9.org (while i was briefly interested in ek9s) with this username but another username i use is ''my_vtec_eater''

tbh the saxo is one of the best handling hatchbacks money can buy even with rear torsion bars

i will be looking into tein coilies when i save up a bit

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
They are pants standard but if you put a bit of effort in it can handle, not many standard or lightly modded saxos or civics can keep with me in the bends at the mo.

N

numba1drummab01

The Glanza/EP91 chassis is not just as good as the GT/EP82 chassis in my opinion. Had both.

That is what has probably been turned into "handle shite"

Either will make mince meat out of a Saxo on the straights or the twisty bits.

doubt that mate.ive killed more glanzas than i can count on my two hands but im not that standard.

also beaten vti's and was racing an rx7 last nite and took him the whole way to the end of 4th gear before he passed me(which i was very surprised with)
also took an evo to the end of 3rd gear(FQ340) but id expect the lag to be horrendous on an evo

Dan3SGTE

Member +
you need to remember the chassis design (standard) is 10 years older than a saxo.

so standard it will handle like a sack of shit.

but with a few choice handling goodies, and some decent rubber you'll be laughing.

nothing much to look out for really, try and buy an unmodified one, if you want reliabilty, or make sure the mods have been done to a very high standard.

and its nice to see a saxo driver who not a chav ;)

welcome

10 years older?

Rick a glanza goes up to a 99 and the newest shape saxo i think goes up to a 2004.....

Hes got the older shape as it has the earlier lights which is earlier then 2001.... so years wise definitely around the same generation and also the older Japanese cars are ahead of their time.

Just pointing out mate....

Adam_Glanza

Member +
dan wat he means is the ep91 chassis is basically an ep82 chassis. it isnt updated?

so theorically the design is nearly 10 years older maybe even more

sx_turbo

Lifer
10 years older?

Rick a glanza goes up to a 99 and the newest shape saxo i think goes up to a 2004.....

Hes got the older shape as it has the earlier lights which is earlier then 2001.... so years wise definitely around the same generation and also the older Japanese cars are ahead of their time.

Just pointing out mate....

yes the starlet chassis was actually designed in the mid 80's beleive it or not. ready for the starlet to be released in 1989.

and the ep91 has basically the exact same chassis, possibly a little tauter, but the same none the less.

the saxo uses the same platform as the revised 106 mk2, and is very much different to the early 106 mk1 platform released in 1993.the peugoet 106 mk2 platform was brought out around 1996,

;)

Last edited:

Dan3SGTE

Member +
doubt that mate.ive killed more glanzas than i can count on my two hands but im not that standard.

also beaten vti's and was racing an rx7 last nite and took him the whole way to the end of 4th gear before he passed me(which i was very surprised with)
also took an evo to the end of 3rd gear(FQ340) but id expect the lag to be horrendous on an evo

LMFAO.... If you honestly believe that your saxo can beat an FQ340 till end of 3rd gear and and RX7 till end of 4th gear your are either suffering from hallucination orrrr you are strongly mislead.

unless you have a nice shiny turbo under the hood of your saxo or VERY highly modified with throttle bodies ECU ect

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
Just a friendly warning, Street racing and discussions related to it are not tolerated on this forum. Anyone could be monitoring the forum and since you have neglected to blank out you number plate in the pics above it would be very easy to track you down.

Dan3SGTE

Member +
seriously mate thats fair enough but believe me, Those cars mentioned above have very good power even in stock form.. had a saxo VTR and ive been in a few VTs's and pug 106's including a modified pug 106GTI with 150hp striped out etc..... So i know exactly how they perform and they are quick for what they are dont get me wrong but will have no chance especially against the EVO... 340BHP.. They hit 60mph in like 4.5seconds odd... Very quick cars mate...

Seriously doubt that mate, there is no chanc a Saxo VTS will hold an EVO out till the end of 3rd gear it wouldnt hold it ou till the end of 1st gear.lol. an EVO is a completely different class of car and will destroy a VTS easily, or the driver of the EVO was completely useless and the same goes for the RX7. :p
Christy

Derek

Lifer
no disrespect but there is no way in hell you would keep up with an evo fq 340 or a rx7 unless the two of them were fubared gaurantee they werent pushing it at all.