Serious boost problem

Epjoni

Member +
:( story is i had a new angine built and fitted last week as my old one had a painfull death...since i got it back the hybrid ct9 i had fitted too the old engine and now fitted to my new one was loosing and gaining boost in very short times..giving a jerk feel when boosting..it also was squeling but after changing my sps manifold too a standard manifold solved that for the minute but i also changed to a standard ct9 turbo and still having the same boost problem (me thinking the hybrid i had fitted was fooked from bits of my engine metal going through the oil feed)i cant find any leaks or anything and am just on d verge of too go and break the car now..any help would be wonderfull..and also repped..thanks in advance :)

cian

stuarty1

Member +
^^ just take of the battery terms for 5 mins may sound silly try the dizzy leads like king leads and make sure plugs are pushed down nice and hard as they can cause it to jump and get on wat state is the turbo u took out like any shaft play ect

Last edited:

George611

Member +
Check the pipes are okay on the actuator like the right way round etc. and have you had the centre dash panel out?
BTW car looks sweet mate :D dont break it!

Epjoni

Member +
Check the pipes are okay on the actuator like the right way round etc. and have you had the centre dash panel out?
BTW car looks sweet mate :D dont break it!

have tried three different turbos now today with different actuators and evrything...getting boost and den loosing it again...has my head wrecked. :(

cant find the problem atal..how would i check if my dump valve is leaking

stuarty1

Member +
if u run a tmic use the hot pipe or if u hav a front mount its normally on the throtal body side and jam some thing in it or if u cant find any thing wrap loads of insulation tape round it lol it works

Epjoni

Member +
have a boost gauge ya...struggling to reach about 8/9 psi and then loosing it again and getting it again...but the pull too 8/9 psi is weak..its set to 10 psi..

no mate, but if the mani has a crack in it, it will. check all your intercooler pipework and the core itself, then all vacum lines inlet mani gasket

any other symtoms mate?
are you loseing water?
any smoke from exhaust?
mayo under the oil cap?

Last edited:

Epjoni

Member +
where are my vacume lines lad sorty not sure where they are??exhaust mani is fine no cracks or leaks....have tried everything possible too be honest :/ just never checked the inlet mani?

no probs lad, double check to see if your losing water and if there is mayo under the oil filer cap or any sign of headgasket failure