Setup

milooo

Member +
Hi guys, sorry im really new to this but i have been reading a lot of threads and they tend to bring the phrase, 'until i get it set up' what does this mean? something to do with ecu? i dont know lol but what would you need in my glanza for it to be 'set-up'?

feel embaressed saying this aha!

Blak_Mamber

Member +
IF your going to alter the boost past stock levels (providing you’ve all supporting mods) you will have to get your car checked and set up by a tuner either on a rolling road or on the road. Either set up on a piggyback ecu/standalone unit, where the tuner can adjust fuelling/air etc.. or a basic check for fuelling if going down the FCD/fuel pressure regulator route (cheaper and not as efficient)

milooo

Member +
IF your going to alter the boost past stock levels (providing you’ve all supporting mods) you will have to get your car checked and set up by a tuner either on a rolling road or on the road. Either set up on a piggyback ecu/standalone unit, where the tuner can adjust fuelling/air etc.. or a basic check for fuelling if going down the FCD/fuel pressure regulator route (cheaper and not as efficient)

Wow you really know your stuff! thanks for the help mate but woould i need to get mine 'set up' with the following mods i have:

Running the normal ct9 0.8 bar
Blitz sus air filter
HKS Actuator
Decat
New Manifold
Full through exhaust system 2.5"
Fuel pressure regulator
Fuel cut defender
HDi FMIC

cheers!

milo

Blak_Mamber

Member +
haha cheers pal :)

hmmm well your running under fuel cut, so no need for the fuel cut defender... does your boost creep up past that .8bar mate?

I would be careful, especially with this cold weather coming in. Your boost will certainly creep past your set level due to the cold air, and you will need to accomodate fuelling for this boost level. So I would take it to a tuners for them to check it over. You dont want to be creeping past fuel cut as your engine will not 'safety cut' as you have the FCD in place which stops this from happening.

They will whack it on the dyno for a few runs and they can see the air fuel ratio etc.. Should only cost around £40-£50 or so.

milooo

Member +
haha cheers pal :)

hmmm well your running under fuel cut, so no need for the fuel cut defender... does your boost creep up past that .8bar mate?

I would be careful, especially with this cold weather coming in. Your boost will certainly creep past your set level due to the cold air, and you will need to accomodate fuelling for this boost level. So I would take it to a tuners for them to check it over. You dont want to be creeping past fuel cut as your engine will not 'safety cut' as you have the FCD in place which stops this from happening.

They will whack it on the dyno for a few runs and they can see the air fuel ratio etc.. Should only cost around £40-£50 or so.

so i do not need the fuel cut defender? i was told to get one. oh i see mate..i havent noticed because i dont really use boost often only on the occasional overtake :p yeah i will take it to a tuner soon to get it overlooked mate.. rough estimate of how much i will be running at? somepeople have said 160-180 but i havent a clue mate..

i will get it dynod and let you know buddy at how its running :)

cheers, milo

Stulet-GTT

Member +
If you give alan jeffery a ring at engine tuner's or even pop down there for a chat would be good..

You will find alan to be really helpfull an friendly, he know's his starlet's to so would be able to help you out...

01752 345880

Would be good to check ya running the right presure threw ya fpr to...

J25GTi

Lifer
Well, if you come down when I get mine mapped up I'm sure he will talk to you about it. Bring the car down too :)

Vglanza

Member +
My glanza hit fuel cut with just and exhaust on, nothing else was touched ,tho every car is different, the FCD could be on there for a reason. your definatley in the 160-180 region mate, good luck with the car.

J25GTi

Lifer
Fcd won't be on there for a reason as its not set up to run over 0.8bar.

And by having the fcd on and not setting up your risking ringland failure/holed pistons if the boost spikes as fuel cut won't save the engine.

Get the fcd disconnected asap mate

Vglanza

Member +
ah ok, then im also curious, lol my car hit would hit fuel cut when i got a custom exhaust put on, it was still running standard boost, no other mods. does that mean it wouldn't have worked for me? or would it have worked but only tricking the Ecu, therefore damaging the engine??

J25GTi

Lifer
You got it. Fuel cut is designed to stop it over boosting and detonating.

If it detects over standard boost it cuts the fuel to save the engine. as the stadard ecu can't fuel for more boost without mods etc.

So when you just slap on an fcd without supporting mods and getting it properly set up on a rolling road with an afr gauge etc then your likley to blow something up

milooo

Member +
You got it. Fuel cut is designed to stop it over boosting and detonating.

If it detects over standard boost it cuts the fuel to save the engine. as the stadard ecu can't fuel for more boost without mods etc.

So when you just slap on an fcd without supporting mods and getting it properly set up on a rolling road with an afr gauge etc then your likley to blow something up

Hey lads this is awesome. good job i asked eh! dont want half a car by the end of next week haha! my FCD is currently not installed WOOP... i havent been boosting over 0.8bar but i want to increase it to 1 bar when i eventually get it set up. my mate is selling emanage never used because he never got it set up he bought it for 600 quid and selling for 300..worth buying? because surely i wouldnt need my fcd or fpr? im not sure guys please help!!! :)

peace x