Sexy diesels?

Gee

Member +
Yes..I said it. Diesels..devil piss to car enthusiasts.

However, lets say you were leaving the performance car modding game and wanted something comfortable, sexy, cheap to run and diesel what would you go for if you had £5-6,000 to spend?

Paddy

Lifer
audi i'd say, saying that my mate has a diesel focus, had it remapped, goes very well, no match for the glanza though

Gee

Member +
CN152 Honda Accord, no question about it.

Can you show me the shape you are referring to?

I've had Audi in mind, but only A3's catch my eye and though they are nice looking cars, they don't have much appeal to me.

Something like this does, but they are too expensive.

1509018-1.jpg

storey

Member +
Your budget mate either a golf mk4 anniversary gttdi Very nice and rare motors or poss a vauxhall astra h 1.9cdti Sri 150 remap to 212bhp with dtuk box and still get 45mpg

for 10k astra h 888 sweet looking diesel 4pots etc

Glanza D

Member +
1550xzl.jpg

merc unimog u1000
these derv busses are awsome, 3 gpm and no thats not a typo it 3 gallon per mile haha

on a more serious note, a 9n polo 1.4 tdi would be my choice or if you want a bit more go maybe the pd130 gti varrient

volkswagen-polo_gti_2006_1024x768_wallpaper_01.jpg

lew777

Member +
i had a vw golf gt tdi hire car while my car was off the road due to a bus wanker. id have one but not worth 11k

a vauxhall astra h 1.9cdti Sri 150 remap to 212bhp with dtuk box and still get 45mpg

for 10k astra h 888 sweet looking diesel 4pots etc

exactly what i am doing right now. 200bhp and 330ftlb im really making my own 888 as i cannot warrant the price of brake discs for the 888s as they company no longer stock them.

Phil

Super Moderator
on the big merc and bmw the fuel economy isnt that staggering. an old 525 will return 35mpg, new ones are no doubt better.

personally id be looking at a 2litre turbo diesel or smaller to keep the economy, and not be hogging a 5series bmw or similar sized tank around at the same time lol

but then i wouldnt be doing the diesel thing for any performance whatsoever.

Phil

Last edited:
on the big merc and bmw the fuel economy isnt that staggering. an old 525 will return 35mpg, new ones are no doubt better.

personally id be looking at a 2litre turbo diesel or smaller to keep the economy, and not be hogging a 5series bmw at the same time lol

but then i wouldnt be doing the diesel thing for any performance whatsoever.

Phil

The old 525's were rubbish the 530 of the same generation was more economical. The new ones are a lot better.

Phil

Super Moderator
The old 525's were rubbish the 530 of the same generation was more economical. The new ones are a lot better.

ah i knew there was something fairly crappy about them, the 3.2 auto merc engine offers horrid economy also.

Phil

storey

Member +
exactly what i am doing right now. 200bhp and 330ftlb im really making my own 888 as i cannot warrant the price of brake discs for the 888s as they company no longer stock them.

Nice one mate yeah def thinking off diesel next prob a year and then I'll get the 888 h I know what ur saying with premium etc but there mint and should hold there money as there's only 100. You a member on astraownersclub? I have been not a bad site migweb is a bit funny at times.

Had my astra g gsi turbo now for bout 8 months.