smoked by a diesel!!! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

c3dpo

Member +
sad day today...

A plain looking golf 52 plate was right on my tail so i boosted it a bit to get away.

This thing lost traction in 1st and 2nd but killed me from 3rd BIG time, I could see the black diesel smoke every change.

Hats off to him though, he was a nice chap and stopeed for a chat. told me it was a Jabba Motorsport or something like that engine conversion worth 3k and he smokes evo 8s all day long. I think bigger cars to THB.

Kudos to him as he redeemed my faith in golfs.

Bu then 10 mins later i see an old red golf mk2 i belive, it was drop top soft and had massive FMIC, lost him in 1st and second but once again his massive turbs killed me from 3rd/

so what u guys reckon I wanna keep good pull away but have more boost in 3rd and 4th if poss?

he did say mine was rapid for 1.3 to his 1.8tdi jabba though :)

Dan3SGTE

Member +
lol...... i always prefer nice mid range pull rather then pull offs/low down speed..... i love reeling the cars in :)

So that would be my aim...... as thats what my car does.... 1st couple of gears im spinning, 3rd onwards BYE BYE.......

sx_turbo

Lifer
the other thing is deisels have masses of torque, and 3rd gear onwards is where a deisel is at its best.

the only thing you could really do is upp your boost to 1bar, withe the correct supporting mods, if this dont work then its an upgraded turbo (td04@1bar), then after that it be a forged engine and up the boost some more.

on another note this thread will be locked as it has references to street racing.

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
My mum has an ibiza TDI sport and that thing is a little beut. would deffo have one and get it revo mapped to 180bhp :)

c3dpo

Member +
was closed road though guys :)

am thinking rebuild engine then up turbo / breathing and fueling

or take out my subs lol

parkiboy

Member +
my mate has a leon 1.9tdi, he's had that remapped to about 160bhp, he was exactly the same speed as my glanza when it was standard, he couldnt pull on me i cudnt pull on him but now my glanza is running 170bhp and remember it weighs alot less than his leon, i just wave goodbye to him :p

rumour has it the new civic diesel was faster than the civic type r petrol at first but they mapped it lower so the petrol has the edge, but you can get it remapped to make it faster than the type r - diesels are deffinetly alot better than they used to be

tosa2tosa

Member +
lol...... i always prefer nice mid range pull rather then pull offs/low down speed..... i love reeling the cars in :)

So that would be my aim...... as thats what my car does.... 1st couple of gears im spinning, 3rd onwards BYE BYE.......

that might have sumthing to do with the fact that ur car is a 2L TURBO! :p

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
as nice as this post is, im afraid that it concerns street racing, which goes against site policy.

thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.