**Sold Dangerous Car complete with dodgy MOT**Please read

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattwho

Member +
so as you all know ive just got another ep82!
well ive been looking into why it pulls to the right and took it to my cusin who owns a garage and he says the chassie is bent as the right hand wheel is 1cm ferther forward then the left!!

what can i do? i want it to stop pulling to the right

dac69er

Super Moderator
so as you all know ive just got another ep82!
well ive been looking into why it pulls to the right and took it to my cusin who owns a garage and he says the chassie is bent as the right hand wheel is 1cm ferther forward then the left!!

what can i do? i want it to stop pulling to the right

is there any evidence of crash damage? if no, there is a possibility its just worn suspension bushes or just something bent suspension wise.

also, alot of cars arent built 100% and 1cm may be within the tolerance when the chassis was welded together.

have you even got the steering and suspension setup and aligned?

Darius

Lifer
could be a number of different things, engine mount or bushes i would assume or just simple tracking

mattwho

Member +
the top mounts?

lol well im looking at the crapest thing it could be i guess as i dont want to brake it

to be onest i need someone who knows cars to have a good look but im skint lol

just been sorting things today as in coolent change and clean up
i hope to god i can save it

dac69er

Super Moderator
where is st noets?

like i said mate, if you havnt had the alignment checked then there is no point checking anything else yet.

just have a visual check to see if the topmounts are in the same way round (open the bonnet and have a look).

if you get the alignment done and the topmounts are fine and it still pulls to one side then look at the suspension components.

is there any evidence of crash damage? the chassis wont just bend

mattwho

Member +
thers bolts missing out the top of the driver side frunt wing and the pass side is a new wing allso the 2 headlights are difrent
i deffo know its damged but i hope its not dead

any pics of top mount the right way round?

Last edited:

mattwho

Member +
the top mounts look ok!
thats if im looking at the right thing

ther both bolted up towords the frunt of the car both look same

Jay

Admin
thers bolts missing out the top of the driver side frunt wing and the pass side is a new wing allso the 2 headlights are difrent
i deffo know its damged but i hope its not dead

any pics of top mount the right way round?

Well from that description it sounds like accident damage to me Matt. I'm hoping it's a damaged suspension component rather than the actual chassis but you will need to investigate it further. Hoping it was cheap buddy!

mattwho

Member +
so do i lol xmass coming up and all that lol

i was told it was standerd shocks with lowering springs but it did say gas something on the shock im just hopeing its same all round lol
let you know tomorow:drive:

nexia201

Member +
also, alot of cars arent built 100% and 1cm may be within the tolerance when the chassis was welded together.

1-2mm is the tollerance as even after an accident that is the limits to which pannelbeaters have to work within on a jig!

mattwho

Member +
oh erm well the pass side is a right off
its pushed in near the battery its like a mcoy crisp lol
dont know why i did not see it

so that must be the problem

arse:slap:

Jay

Admin
Did you pick it up on ebay Matt? There's some poor examples floating about nowadays. Pays to be very fussy when viewing any.

Gutted for you buddy. :(

Jay

Admin
Private sale? If so there's very little comeback unfortunately. Take her to a bodyshop and see if it's fixable but if the chassis legs are that badly twisted I wouldn't be too optimistic.. what a complete kick in the balls. :(

Just thinking, if this was his best I dread to think what the other one was like?

Status
Not open for further replies.