## Something for all to read ..... ##

Hi Guys/Gals,

I am a muslim member and hence a follower of Islam on here. Although my passion/hobby is cars ( in particular the Starbo's lol ) I obviously follow the teachings of my religion. Getting to the reason why Iv started this topic is that in the modern world, Islam is being continiously condemned / criticised, but for all the wrong reasons. Ever since imo the 9/11 attacks and the so called and yes I believe so called muslim "Al Qaeda" group are reponsible for, Islam has come under such criticism ever after (although Islams teachings have been the same since it started and I say so called muslim "Al Qaeda" group because I like many believe "Al Qaeda are just an imaginary group of "bad muslims") ????:confused::confused::confused:

Like every religion, society, or culture there are bad people and due to these the whole crowd in perspective is percieved the same as we all know. Therefore, I being a follower of Islam am hurt that due to a minority of individuals / groups who call themselves "Muslims" too, do the dirty work (be it preaching hate, killing, suicide bombing or other stuff nowadays), & explain it by saying its their religion (when its the totally opposite of what Islam & our holy book "The Quran" teaches!!!

Us Muslims as you know are in the holy month of Ramadhan at this present moment in time, which is now coming to an end. Tonight is a special night for us as this was the date the holy "Quran" was revealed. Throughout the Quran it is reiterated continously about forgiving, having patience, giving charity, being honest and in general creating peace / harmony etc hence my decision to do this write up.

Due to the nature of cultural diversity on this forum I thought it was a good idea just to share this with you guys to help create further peace in between us all and just again bring to your attention that please do not be misled by newspapers, TV news, or other sources that imply Muslims are "bad" which in turn implies that Islam as a religion teaches Muslims to kill and preach hate etc. Thats is b***ocks! (Xcuse my French guys :haha:). So lets please not let these bad people OR the people (like provocative journalists) create uncertainty or hate amongst us good people and enjoy life :cool:

Also Id also like you to take the time to just quickly read the following 3 write ups on the net, which I found just now via a quick search on google, on the topic of Terrorism and what Islam / Quran teaches its followers about this.

EDIT: 3 Write-ups on the same site. All 3 of these write-ups explain properly what Islam ACTUALLY teaches about probably the 2 most twisted topics in the modern world . . Terrorism and Jihad! Just the way these 2 topics are twisted & emphasised nowadays in relation to Islam is imo a major factor causing so much aggression / fear towards Islam. Please do read these in the this order :

First one to read is ......

http://islam.about.com/od/terrorism/f/terrorism.htm

An the second bit .........

http://islam.about.com/od/terrorism/f/terrorism_verse.htm

And finally, Thirdly, this is the ACTUAL meaning of Jihad as explained in the Quran ........

http://islam.about.com/od/jihad/f/jihad.htm

This further I think explains clearly how teachings of the Quran are twisted and turned just to make the newspaper headline look good but without the thought that what affect all this is having on the world itself !

Thats it guys, its just my peace offering and thought thats led me to do this write-up as thats what Islam teaches and I hope people understand / appreciate my efforts. I have no personal benefit in this as you should be able to see and I am just doing this because this is just a small part of what Islam ACTUALLY teaches us. Thank you.

Back to tuning the 4E-FTE for us all now :p:p:p

Many Thanks

Last edited:

markeybhoy

Member +
i have an open mind on this subject and feel a heated argument would start if i was to begin mouthing my opinions and beliefs on the matter.

i respect this write up though.

hope u appreciate my honesty.

drew-turbo

Member +
good write up i have a close mate whos muslim and just the other day he was telling me how they get muddled up and stuff by the quaran

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
I agree with you, its the one or two bad eggs that get all the attention causing problems for everyone.

But to be honest I think you have to be very stubern and naive to believe all muslims are to be feared and all are bad.

I'm proud to say that on here there is none of that behaviour on this site.

Glanza-V

Banned
turbospool@1krpm Excellent write up on this powerful, i couldnt have explained it better, and at a better timing.

Last edited:

markeybhoy

Member +
All religions should repsect every other religions beliefs,, its called "coexist"

disagree.

you dont have to respect something if you dont agree with it. people should just learn to keep things to themselves and appreciate other peoples beliefs and there wouldnt be so much conflict regarding relgion. i wouldnt agree that you should respect it though.

Dave.

Member +
I couldn't agree more. The publicity of Islam, as a religion is terrible, last thing I seen on TV was 'Undercover Mosque' and I have always had an open mind about all religions, and (really!) have wanted to read the Koran, but I thought it was very one sided and generally a very hateful program.

Its nice to see, what I hope (and inside, know) is the real side of being a Muslim.

I can't believe they can show such blatantly biased TV shows, it was horrible to watch.

I'd also like to make it clear that I don't think its necessary for anyone to do this to change my view on it, as it wasn't swayed by this program...

To cut a long story short, as above :p

Dave

*edit* as I wrote this, a load of replies were posted... If anyone knows any good online resources, for a good (and unbiased) translated version of the koran is posted online, I'd appreciate a link to it. Thanks :)

Last edited:

59bhp

Member +
disagree.

you dont have to respect something if you dont agree with it. people should just learn to keep things to themselves and appreciate other peoples beliefs and there wouldnt be so much conflict regarding relgion. i wouldnt agree that you should respect it though.

you should respect peoples right to faith though, no matter what the religion

i have an open mind on this subject and feel a heated argument would start if i was to begin mouthing my opinions and beliefs on the matter.

i respect this write up though.

hope u appreciate my honesty.

Hi,

Thanks for you appreciation.

As for when you say, "you feel a heated argument would start if you voiced your opinion" then I appreciate what you say hear, but I just want to say that a true and actual Muslim & follower of Islam is not allowed to argue but to reason with issues raised by any indvidual or group. Again just reiterates Islams teachings of peace/harmony although nowadays your right most people would easily start/enter into an arguement.

And also mate, I honestly and with an open mind say to you, If there is anything you feel you'd like to share your opinion about as you say on this matter, Id be more than willing to TRY and reason with you, as this may help us both eliminate any mis-understandings. This is just what Im offering from an open minded Muslim, I aint no Full time preacher :p

Thanks

Phil

Super Moderator
I like many believe "Al Qaeda are just an imaginary group of "bad muslims") ????

but that imaginery group, kill alot of people so its hardly a figment of the imagination. but anyhow, people who kill people deserve to die... it wouldnt do them much harm being imaginery and so on anyway:shoot::shoot:

^^^thats hate for hate.

you believe the #quaran, i dont.

GT_Irl

Member +
Its great to hear from a member of your faith who don't support al-quaeda. Your obviously in the clear majority but I feel that the reason there is so much bad press is that not enough of ye do what you have just done...to explain in a very clear and consice way what Islam means to you. I think if more muslims could be as open as you it would solve alot of the misunderstandings...maybe! Although to be honest I don't think the media have even bothered to try and understand Islam, they just seem to paint all muslims with the same brush. You are very brave and clearly commited and faithful to Islam, I have huge respect for you. Enjoy your night!:)

Phil

Super Moderator
You are very brave and clearly commited and faithful to Islam, I have huge respect for you. Enjoy your night!:)

thats nice i agree, but this guy goes to the wrong(right) place, gets the best(worst) teaching, and next thing he's hearing is you can be braver and more committed to islam and this cause blah blah.. next thing turbospool guy is considering being one of those imaginery guys that kills a few dozen people!

Well, let me start by saying that was an excellent write up (although I must confess I've not followed the links).

And to introduce myself, I'm a liberal athiest.
As I see it, religion is a human condition - every religion has its own single point of origin, but awnsers the same fundamental questions, and reflects the same elements of human nature. It generally puts man at the center of the universe, has a creator and an afterlife. In other words, it awnsered the two key questions of our existence (where did we come from, where do we go) in a time when we had no way of researching the actual circumstances. Modern science has discovered things that are based on evidence that completely contradict things based on...? but are nonetheless fundamental to people whose upbringing and way of life were built around those things.
I could go on for ages, but the point is its completely natural that people would hold on to their core beliefs, and pass those beliefs on to their children, who in turn do the same.

In fact that's not the point either. In fact maybe I should have stopped at the first line. Religions, basically, have the same template, Christianity and Islam both have radicals who are dangerous. But they both have the same values at core - they're both basically about living a good life and doing unto others as you would them to you.

The Islamic extremists that pollute the western view of Islam are people whose greivances with the west are political (and, lets be fair, kinda justified, given the way the US treats the rest of the world), they just use religion to justify their causes. Well, that said, the 'martyrs' are generally duped into doing something political for their god, I can pretty much be sure the guy who came up with suicide bombing was not a suicide bomber.
It is important the western world appreciates that this is a selfish distortion of Islam's true teachings, and important both sides learn to respect the others rights and freedoms. In fact important is not the world, the word is essential. I feel it rests more on the shoulders of the Americans though. It was their self indulgent, exploitative lifestyle that started it all, and their generally terrible current attitude towards the middle east that fuels it.

In this country, I'd like to think we're at least a bit more tolerant, there is a sizeable british muslim population, it's generally taken as a given that moderate muslims are not a threat. However the right wing press often paints an unfair picture, and racism is still a common issue.
Given the cultural advances of the last century, I just hope we get over these little problems in the course of the next (preferably asap!)...

Phil

Super Moderator
dont tell him pike,

u sound fairly intelligent, so heres the thing the liberal atheist thing is a kool name and so on, but it really doesnt take a simpleton to believe in God.

the bible doesnt tell you to do good, and be nice and God is love. happy picture. it prophesied the truth, which has happened. it prophesies the future, world in turmoil wars and rumours of wars, people making light of the existence of God, its all explained, IF you took the time to read it.

you say ah but people have said the world will end for ages, remember how short time is, 150years down the line? all 6.5 billion people who are alive this second will be dead, almost everyones name forgotten. we are pawns compared to the big picture.

Phil

gv1.3

Admin
I really like hearing about other peoples beliefs, customs, culture and religion as a different view of the world expands your mind and makes you a less ignorant person.

You see I think we should all be excepting of each other and the fact that I dont practice any religion or practice a religion you do not practice should not be an issue.

For all the bad press we hear about people being negative toward muslims I actually think the west has been very accepting. For example if I arrived into a muslim country and started going on TV complaining that there were not enough catholic churches would I be well received?? I doubt I would. In Ireland we have had muslims go on our national TV station complaining that there are not enough places of worship etc and I cant help but think would I be afforded the same freedom of speech or even heard out at all if I went to a muslim country and spoke out like that?

The truth of the matter is that if I went to a muslim country I would respect their traditions and customs and would not make demands upon them. If the country was not how I wanted it I just wouldnt go rather than go and then say "its not like home".

I have also had muslims send me messages on here claiming to be victims of racism and when I look at the threads it was joking around or pretty harmless stuff - dont ask me to show the threads as they were way back on the old forum. This I find pretty pathetic, its like using your religion to scare people into acting because if they dont they side with the racists, I dont like being put in that position.

I question some religions not least my own batised religion, me being baptised a catholic. I do not want to be part of an organisation that has hidden child abuse and rape, stole from its members and generally acted in a manner akin to the mafia only with less morals. So I wouldnt really appreciate people calling me negative toward any religion, I base things on fact.

I find it very very difficult to feel sorry for muslims as I genuinely feel they are accomodated quite well considering the vast difference between cultures. Also I think things like the cartoon featured in that european magazine that got such a huge reaction from muslims doesnt help things. Its easy to say "we are not extremeists" but not many muslims stood up at the time the journalist in question was being threatened with death.

Also - on the point of racism a member on here who I blocked earlier from msn has been sending very racist material around and tried to engage me in racist conversation where he was told he was an ignorant idiot.

I do appreciate this thread and I really like your attitude because an attitude like yours is what we need. It is an attitude of education and respect. If more people were like that the world would be a better place. I personally think that the biggest issue is how quickly East and West have mixed together. In the past hundred years there has been a huge integration and especially in the past 40 years. It takes time for people to accept each other.

Ultimately I would like to be treated well by everyone and I would like to think I treat everyone well but the fact of the matter is I have to question how my beliefs would be accepted and how my religious needs would be catered for if I landed in a muslim country.

Dylan