st205 four pots to glanza

SKINY

Lifer
From what I seen and know about Stephens one, caliper and disc, disc re-drilled too 100x4, think he needed a 27mm spacer and minimum 16" rims.
Will try find out more :)

From what I seen and know about Stephens one, caliper and disc, disc re-drilled too 100x4, think he needed a 27mm spacer and minimum 16" rims.
Will try find out more :)
do you have a link?

just as a side note, the celica st202 twin pot conversion is fairly popular as well on the ep82/91

Calum122

Member +
do you have a link?

just as a side note, the celica st202 twin pot conversion is fairly popular as well on the ep82/91
From experience, the WMS brakes only set you back a little more, with greater future support, bolt on direct upgrade and better braking performance.

I bought the twin pot and it looked insane. Never could get them to bleed properly (read a few others that had similar issues) and ended up like £100 cheaper than WMS brakes.

Also the discs are machined Astra discs, where as WMS uses stock discs. So it means even if WMS go out of fashion, getting discs isn't a chore.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the twin pots, but feel I wasted money here for something I should bought in the first place.

SKINY

Lifer
I've no links mate, fella is a local owner I've met a few times.
I'm going down the st185 twinpot amd Astra disc route, we'll its on Thee list :rolleyes:

From experience, the WMS brakes only set you back a little more, with greater future support, bolt on direct upgrade and better braking performance.

I bought the twin pot and it looked insane. Never could get them to bleed properly (read a few others that had similar issues) and ended up like £100 cheaper than WMS brakes.

Also the discs are machined Astra discs, where as WMS uses stock discs. So it means even if WMS go out of fashion, getting discs isn't a chore.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the twin pots, but feel I wasted money here for something I should bought in the first place.

yeah, i personally run the twin pot st202 set up...i can't fault it for road use (i dont track my car)
with regards to the bleeding/spongy brake pedal issue, i upgraded my BMC to the slightly larger 7/8 unit from the older ep82 and that cured that issue----the glanza came with 13/16 BMC as stock
getting astra discs is very easy from online....i live in the caribbean and i got them from the uk at reasonable price and they come in many different styles...plus the disc is 25mm thick * 277mm,,,which helps with heat dissipation

i do think the wms set up sounds good as well and seems to get good reviews
i actually investigated the wms when i was making trying to decide which option to go with....but i ended up with the st202 set up

plenty options out there for members depending on thier needs/budgets

5e colin

Member +

ho ho ho marry xmas ha ha you use the corsa c gsi disks there styrait bolt on with levin calipers ( twinpots ) i have no isseu bleeding them

Calum122

Member +
ho ho ho marry xmas ha ha you use the corsa c gsi disks there styrait bolt on with levin calipers ( twinpots ) i have no isseu bleeding them
Ah nice. Nah, literally don't know why. They felt like they were bled perfectly, till you turned the engine on and they just went spongey.

Then I got bored and worked on something else. Never got around to actually using them.