td04 result only at 0.6 bar tho

ashygt

Member +
i happy with this considering its only running 0.6 bar,the reason for this is boost was unstable,he said it was the wrong spring in the external wastegate and the soleroid on the avcr was making the boost unsafe so need to get these to things then run it at a bar,rely do recomend hyper racing in wigan he is class and knows what hes doing,it goes realy well on the road aswel:)
25102007126.jpg

heres a picture best i can get
25102007125.jpg

steveep82

Member +
I have used a manual controller and ex wastegate before with no problems, a good cheap fix for your problem is imagine

Dan3SGTE

Member +
so basically weve just realized that the TD04 @ roughly around the same boost as the CT9 runs as stock on a starlet runs about 30HP more...

TD04 @ 0.6bar - 170hp

CT9 @ 0.65 - 133hp

Not really a huge improvement over the CT9 on low boost..... the bigger turbos only really start pushing better horses running higher boost pressure....

Dan3SGTE

Member +
yeah thats what i was saying.... the bigger turbo needs to be running high boost to get maximum efficiency....

Just the figure 30HP doesnt seem all that much... well to be honest you do get the little CT9's to near 200hp @ between 1-1.2bar and the TD04 get around 250hp @ say 1.3bar...... so still doesnt really change much... from 30hp to say 50hp difference....

i know its kind of irrelevant what im saying just the graph got me thinking about the differences thats all..... and to be honest there isnt really a HUGE gain... advantage is the TD04 could run more boost then the CT9 but them you dont get the response....

Last edited:

WallaceGlanza

Member +
But he's also going to have a lot of mods to support the td04 so you can't really say that it is giving the extra 30 odd bhp.

steveep82

Member +
Just for the record my gt came over running 1.1bar on a ct9b and produced 163hp, and on a td04 at 1.1bar it produced 244hp on the same dyno and with the same ecu/injector/fuel pump combo. Obviously it had a different mani turbo and a fmic instead of a rx7 tmic.

Kelly

Member +
tbh i wouldnt go off hyper sports graph, there thes one who blew the starlet engine up and told us that our AF ratios were dangerous when it was their AF readings that were wrong. the nxt day they mapped somebodys starbo going off their AF readings.

whats with the wavy lines on the graph?

fastglanza

Member +
U wud encounter the same issue if u had ur engine in a mr2..using the comparisson of the ct26 to something like a gt35...

Trust me a ct9 is in no league with any td04 turbo nor any big turbo...They guy may just get 30hp but ask him if it doesnt go like mad compared to the ct9

Once he pushes over 1bar he'll get results..

yeah thats what i was saying.... the bigger turbo needs to be running high boost to get maximum efficiency....

Just the figure 30HP doesnt seem all that much... well to be honest you do get the little CT9's to near 200hp @ between 1-1.2bar and the TD04 get around 250hp @ say 1.3bar...... so still doesnt really change much... from 30hp to say 50hp difference....

i know its kind of irrelevant what im saying just the graph got me thinking about the differences thats all..... and to be honest there isnt really a HUGE gain... advantage is the TD04 could run more boost then the CT9 but them you dont get the response....

speedvision

Member +

forget about the hp for now...
put a ct9 and a tdo4l starlet side by side at 1.0 bar with 2 good drivers and tell me the results....

the tdo4l wont just beat it by 1-2 car lengths....it will beat it by about 5-6...

no standard ct9 is a match for the tdo4l......

sam

racer5e

Member +
Im assuming that the 169.9hp is Wheel Horse Power not Brake Horse Power, so if you calculate the the 17% hp lose on the dyno for front wheel drive cars, 169.9WHP is only 83% of the engine bhp. So with that in mind, if we devide 169.9 by 83 and multiply the answer by 100 we get 205BHP compared to the stock 133BHP thats a 72bhp gain. but thats assuming that the 169.9hp is Wheel Horse Power. So if thats the case, that a nice gain.

Gee

Member +
Stop reading so much in to the results guys.

The turbo is still a sleep. That boost is nothing for the TD04L. Once the bits are sorted, he will up the boost to one bar and start flying.

Bigger turbo = sleepy down the bottom - big bang at the top.

Thought we were over this by now :D